Am I installing this right?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

johnyct9760

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2017 :  10:30:58  Show Profile  Visit johnyct9760's Homepage
So I've tried installing both the signed version of strokes, and the unsigned version. And I'm not really sure what one to be using in the first place, I guess thats my first questions.

My second what is the deal with the 2 messages on start up from strokes plus. When I had the signed version installed I got this long scary one about that pretty much (to my eye) said install it in program files. So I uninstalled and reinstalled it in program files. And was still getting the message, so I find start up clutter annoying so I was like I'll just do the unsigned version if I can avoid this message bugging me forever.

So I installed the unsigned and now I'm getting this message on start up:

http://prntscr.com/dv7631

I installed this in the default location (program files) and I'm still getting this pop up. So my second question is:

Is there something I'm doing wrong with the installation?
And assuming that everything is going the way its supposed to in the install, how to I shut off these messages?

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2017 :  10:56:11  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I would tend to think S+ isn't able (or properly) saving its settings (StrokesPlus.xml) as that popup should only appear once.

In general, the signed version is more convenient so you don't have to manually run it in admin mode every time you boot up to avoid issues interacting with certain screens or programs running with elevated privileges.

I would say to start off, backup your StrokesPlus.xml and StrokesPlus.lua file (unless you haven't changed anything). Uninstall S+, go to your C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Roaming\StrokesPlus folder and move all of the files out of there. And make sure nothing is left over in the program files installation location.

Then try a fresh install of the signed version (to Program Files) and see how it goes.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000