General Discussion
 Doesn't work with Illustrator CS6
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AGarza

1 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  22:21:19  Show Profile
I have tried both StrokesPlus as well as gMote and they both have the same problem, they cannot send any kind of keyboard shortcuts to Illustrator. I tried StrokesPlus in the normal windows shell, i.e., notepad and PhotoShop and everything is fine, but in Illustrator I cannot do "undo", "redo", "copy", "paste" or anything. Instead of doing the keyboard shortcut it just seems to press the letter - so when I try to redo it picks magic wand, and undo selects the zoom tool. I have tried adding and subtracting delay and nothing works. Cool app otherwise.

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2012 :  00:54:20  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I don't happen to have Illustrator, so it will be difficult for me to try assisting you.

A couple of questions / weird things to try though:

1. Are you running 32-bit or 64-bit StrokesPlus?
2. Are you running 32-bit or 64-bit Illustrator?
3. Is it any different if you close both Illustrator and StrokesPlus, then open Illustrator first followed by StrokesPlus? What about the reverse?
4. What is your StrokesPlus Ignore key set to? Try setting it to None and see if anything happens differently.

However, it seems Illustrator is very odd about how it handles synthesized input, as this (unanswered) Stack Overflow question points out:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11049709/sendinput-misinterpreted-in-certain-applications
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2012 :  01:01:16  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Some other folks having to do weird things to get send key functionality working in some Adobe apps using AHK:

http://www.autohotkey.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1269

I'll see if I can figure out a workaround, but will take a bit...however it's definitely Adobe that's not properly handling these input events like 99.9% of all other programs do.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2012 :  09:45:19  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
It seems to be a speed issue. If you notice, when you press Control in Illustrator, you'll see some text change in the status area ("Direct Selection" or something like that). So my guess is that Illustrator's message pump is flagging different states for things internally when Control (or possibly other modifier keys) are pressed and was only tested by human input, which ALWAYS has a delay between Control being pressed and C being pressed. That being said, the following works for me in Illustrator CS6 64-bit:
acSendControlDown()
acDelay(50)
acSendKeys("c")
acDelay(50)
acSendControlUp()
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000