SP doesnt work for IE and Metro Apps @ Windows 8.1
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

maffle

5 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2015 :  05:17:45  Show Profile
Hello,

I was looking for an application which let me allow bind specific commands to touch gestures for my Windows 8.1 tablet. StrokePlus seems to work so far, but there are the following problems:

- no gestures are working if Internet Explorer (desktop) is the active window
- no gestures are working in any Metro App, for example IE metro
- you cant select the folder Global Actions, if you click on it, the selection always jumps to the folder under it. I want to do this, because I wanted to deactivate the whole Global Actions folder, which I cant right now

I've used the http://www.strokesplus.com/files/StrokesPlusSetup_2.8.2.0_x86_Signed.exe version (UAC) and it was installed normally in the Programs folder. Ive tried opening as Admin which doesnt change anything. Also tried to add IExplorer.exe again manually as a new folder, which doesnt do anything.

Also a feature request: Would be nice, if you could define "hot areas" on the screen, where you could bind gestures or commands to. For example, execute "x" if you press the left mouse button three times in a row in the top right area (x,y box) of the screen or active window.

maffle

5 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2015 :  12:38:19  Show Profile
Ive installed the same version but as 64bit on my Windows 8.1 laptop, and there it is working on IE and Metro Apps. Would be nice if someone can figure out why not on the tablet.

I have noticed, that if I open IE on the tablet and draw, S+ works for about 1-2 seconds but then stopps, I can see the blue line for 1-2 seconds, then it's deactivated for IE. And for Metro Apps it's always off, mostly because of timing.

Edited by - maffle on 01/22/2015 12:44:46
Go to Top of Page

maffle

5 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2015 :  03:29:19  Show Profile
Update for IE:

S+ just works in IE's menus, for example if you open IE options, in that window S+ works, but not in the main window of IE. So definitely a bug of S+ for its 32bit version. Would be kind to have a feedback from the devs...
Go to Top of Page

maffle

5 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2015 :  17:18:01  Show Profile
Hello??
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2015 :  20:30:16  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I'm the only actual dev, but as you may not have noticed in the red post on the homepage, I've stepped away from active development and have released the source code for others to pick up and work on. So I'm not ignoring intentionally, I'm just not involved anymore.
Go to Top of Page

maffle

5 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2015 :  23:15:29  Show Profile
Great... it seems the 32bit version is bugged, because as I understand you need the signed (UAC) version so it works for IE and metro apps right, but somehow the 32bit version doesnt work, where the 64bit one works (on my laptop and desktop). But Windows 8.1 tablets are 32bit. Ive installed Windows 10 Tech Preview on my tablet atm, and it's the same. 32bit version not working for IE or metro apps.

Can you recommend another free touch/pen gesture recognition tool, like this one, but which is still under development? Ive already tested Strokeit, which is even worse, and doesnt even work at all with Windows 8.

Edited by - maffle on 02/06/2015 23:20:14
Go to Top of Page

xpectmore

14 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2015 :  05:00:12  Show Profile
go to propreties of StrokesPlus.exe,then compatibility,then set compatibility mode to WINDOWS 7 !!!!!!!
then you may set full permissions :
propreties,security,edit: authenticated users : click full control,
system: if is not selected the same click full control ,then administrators :full control,then users: full control ....

now it's work without problem.....
until i turn on windows task manager,kmplayer or OTHER ELSE THAT REQUIRE FIRST FOCUS ALLWAYS ,that's really happening in your problems like my own...so strokes plus can run on windows 8.1 x64,cause i have it here and it's work

ps:i have action center disabled and the service too,
i have defender disabled ,no antivirus so i don't have "proxxy mouse's drivers interferences by antivirus software" and these reasons are maybe the singularity of perfect function ,also i have synaptycs drivers for windows 7 x64 with win7 compatibility checked on install,all my all drivers are win7 compatibility set on setup cause my laptop is a OLD acer aspire+ intel core 2 t6400 at 2.0 ghz , i had installed from windows sources framefork 3.5 and not from windows updates, and the error i seen in windows 7 is in 8, and 8.1 too : active windows are loosing focus if you open other apps over and you close them , the active focus in on desktop shell and not the up window of your screen,that's thanks to "billy" gates
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000