Can't draw gestures on window of one app
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beaugunderson

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2015 :  13:34:44  Show Profile
Recently switched from StrokeIt to StrokesPlus (thank you!) and one of the few differences I've noticed is that I can no longer draw gestures on the window for Everything.

For those not familiar it's this app: http://www.voidtools.com/

I don't have ignore rules in my StrokesPlus configuration.

I'm on Windows 10 (retail release) running 2.8.5.0 (though tried with 2.8.4.4 as well yesterday).

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2015 :  14:04:52  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I am unable to reproduce. I am running S+ 64-bit (signed), as non-administrator. Installed 64-bit Everything, can draw on it while Everything is running with and without admin privs.

What version of S+ (32/64, signed/unsigned) are you running and to where is it installed (Program Files, etc.)? Also, are you running Everything with admin privs?
Go to Top of Page

beaugunderson

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2015 :  14:10:15  Show Profile
Apologies--was running S+ 64-bit unsigned from Program Files, just installed 64-bit signed and all is well!

Wasn't clear from the download page that if you disable UAC you may still run into issues. :)
Go to Top of Page

beaugunderson

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2015 :  14:12:58  Show Profile
(As an aside, I just donated--so happy there's a StrokeIt successor that's being actively developed and that you're so quick to respond!)
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2015 :  14:14:15  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
If S+ is unsigned and not running as admin while Everything (for example) is running in the admin domain, S+ won't be able to interact with it.

However, I run with UAC enabled, so I'm not exactly versed in how Windows treats the app domains in that mode...
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2015 :  14:15:22  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
That's why I started S+, because Jeff is clearly very busy or not interested in development. Glad to have you aboard!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000