gesture to modify next gesture - combined gestures
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

teri.gilteo

3 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2015 :  14:12:43  Show Profile
tl;dr:
is there a way to change the behavior of the following gesture? like having a gesture for control down during the next gesture?

text:
Hi there,
real great program! Thank you so much.
I use it for almost everything. almost. And I thought of a way I would use it even more.
One limitation is the number of gestures i'm familiar with / I use on a regular basis.
But I remember hotkeys. So what I thought is: why not draw hotkeys with strokes+

I was thinking about having a gesture for e.g. control (like stroke down) and then C for copy. Or option (stroke up) and then C for something else. So the down gesture would modify the following C gesture.
This could also be down for say control+shift+t or whatever.
let's just call it combined gestures or double stroke gestures ;)

What I did until now was to have a gesture to tap alt multiple times during the next two seconds. But that is not always working properly.
I hope you guys get what I mean and have ideas?

teri

Edited by - teri.gilteo on 10/07/2015 14:13:19

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2015 :  14:31:48  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Have you tried using:

acSendControlDown() / acSendControlUp()
acSendAltDown() / acSendAltUp()
acSendShiftDown() / acSendShiftUp()

It sounds like they would provide what you're looking for. For example, acSendControlDown() sends only the down command..so in theory, anything you send after it would be modified by Control being pressed. Just make sure you always call the corresponding acSendControlUp().
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2015 :  14:34:50  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
You may have to get crafty with defining a variable in Global Lua that gets set when you start the modifier (after calling acSendControlDown() in your first gesture), so when you're in the C gesture, you could check the variable, and if it was set to be pressed (from the original gesture), you would call acSendControlUp()..otherwise it would just skip over it (sending "C", then nothing else).
Go to Top of Page

teri.gilteo

3 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2015 :  14:48:19  Show Profile
Wow, that was fast.
I played around with acSendControlDown() / acSendControlUp(). The main issue here is that my gestures dont work if I hold the modifier down before the gesture. I have to do it during the gesture. Your program provides a setting for this but it apparently does not work correctly.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2015 :  20:25:43  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
It has to do with timing and S+ control. Before a gesture, the Control key is just a key stroke, S+ hasn't yet been made aware that you intend to make a gesture with a modifer. So the state of the Control itself in Windows can be tricky...it was in a pressed down state when the gesture began, but then you've release the key and are also trying to send the Control down in the script. There's no easy way to prevent that unless you want S+ to hook every single Control key stroke and determine what to do next with it. Trust me, it's very messy and nearly impossible to make perfect.
Go to Top of Page

teri.gilteo

3 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2015 :  16:01:56  Show Profile
Ok.
I dindt get all what you said but it certainly helped: today I ended up using an autohotkey script to do the trick of holding control down instead of a strokesplus script and suddenly it works. It's awesome, I tell you. (surface pen with tons of gestures. awww!!)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000