New Bugs
 Enable Mouse Wheel Relay* and VMWare
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Igor Nichols

7 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2016 :  17:15:36  Show Profile
I like the "Enable Mouse Wheel Relay*" feature. But when it is enabled the mouse wheel no longer works inside my VMWare virtual machine. StrokesPlus is running on the host system. Is there a way to disable it for specific windows i.e. VMWare?

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2016 :  20:56:30  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Unfortunately, that code doesn't pay attention to ignored apps as it would greatly reduce overall responsiveness of the mouse wheel in all apps.

The only way I can think of is to define VMWare as an ignored app and check the Disable S+ if this application is activated for VMWare.

Then, in the lower left corner in the Ignored screen, check the Enable S+ If Non-Ignored App Becomes Active box. So when VMWare is the active window, S+ is completely disabled; including the mouse wheel relay as well, though, so you couldn't scroll over a control while VMWare is the active window. Then when you click on another app, the taskbar, etc., S+ would become active until you made VMWare have focus again.
Go to Top of Page

Igor Nichols

7 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2016 :  21:01:54  Show Profile
Thank you for the tip! I'll try it out when I get the chance.
Any idea why there is a problem with VMWare in the first place? Can there be a fix for this issue?
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2016 :  21:04:56  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
VMWare is probably installing a mouse hook, but S+'s mouse hook is global so it will always intercept the mouse messages first. After relaying the mouse message to the VMWare window, I have no idea how their code works to be able to tell you why the code isn't acknowledging it.

Of course, these are just guesses as I don't have the VMWare source code
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000