New Bugs
 Unattended Install not possible
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

corux

2 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2016 :  13:28:31  Show Profile
Currently, it is not possible to use the signed installer in unattended mode.
Unattended install in Inno Setup would be achieved with the following command:
> strokesplussetup_2.8.6.2_x64_signed.exe /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES /NORESTART /SP-

Executing this command still opens a message dialog:
---------------------------
In order to use this signed version of StrokesPlus on Windows Vista/7/8 with UAC enabled, you must install StrokesPlus under the Program Files directory or the certificate will be ignored and S+ will not be able to interact with certain Windows 8 screens or programs running as Admin.
---------------------------

A possible fix might be to use a SuppressibleMsgBox (http://www.jrsoftware.org/ishelp/index.php?topic=isxfunc_suppressiblemsgbox).

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2016 :  13:42:49  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I think at this point (long after Windows 8 and the associated changes), the dialog probably isn't necessary. However, alternatively, you can manually install (via script/command line) the certificate and deploy the S+ portable files however you'd like, to whatever folder.

It might help to better understand your specific scenario and the need for silent install. Though again, the popup can probably be removed from future installers at this point; anyone running into an issue which the message is describing can quickly find out the problem on the S+ forums.
Go to Top of Page

corux

2 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2016 :  13:48:56  Show Profile
Thanks for the quick reply. I was looking into creating a chocolatey package, but failed because a silent install was not possible.
For now I will follow your suggestion and manually install the certificate and portable S+.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2016 :  00:32:39  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
By the way, in the next release I've addressed this. Added a check where if silent install, don't show the message box.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000