General Discussion
 Windows 10 build 14295
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Atin90

5 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2016 :  10:47:40  Show Profile
Just installed the Build 14295 of Windows 10 and before anything else, I installed Strokes Plus. Now I can not click on anything on the desktop.

Anyone besides me has this issue?

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2016 :  10:52:15  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I don't have that installed, but try unchecking Keep Gesture Draw Window On Top and Don't Hide Gesture Draw Window. Those settings control the transparent window that covers the entire virtual desktop area for the purpose of showing the gesture line while drawing. It's possible that Windows is treating it like a window that's actually in front of the desktop or something.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2016 :  10:53:38  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
With those unchecked, the draw window is unhidden and brought to the foreground only while drawing a gesture. It's defaulted to not hide because older systems or those with low powered GPU can get flicker as the alpha blending is processing over all windows.
Go to Top of Page

Atin90

5 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2016 :  11:21:55  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Rob

With those unchecked, the draw window is unhidden and brought to the foreground only while drawing a gesture. It's defaulted to not hide because older systems or those with low powered GPU can get flicker as the alpha blending is processing over all windows.

I did what you suggested but that did not make any difference. When I click on any Icon on desktop, the action done is "select area" instead of clicking on Icon.
Go to Top of Page

Atin90

5 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2016 :  12:54:18  Show Profile
I think it is not StrokesPlus that is causing this problem....I have narrowed it down to NVIDIA drivers
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2016 :  13:02:53  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Hmm, very interesting. Do keep us updated!
Go to Top of Page

Atin90

5 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2016 :  13:13:26  Show Profile
Unfortunately, somehow, when StrokesPlus is running is when the problem surfaces. Unloading StrokesPlus fixes the problem (not what I want).
I have come to my conclusion that it must be the NVIDIA because on a fresh install, before the Windows updates the Video driver, all is fine with StrokesPlus running until the moment the NVIDIA driver is installed. I have tried to install old NVIDIA driver but same problem. I think that the combination of the latest Windows 10 build with any NVIDIA drivers is creating this problem, so I am not sure who is to blame here.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2016 :  13:16:42  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Does it still occur if you disable drawing gestures via the tray icon (no gesture line)?
Go to Top of Page

Atin90

5 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2016 :  13:51:46  Show Profile
I can not access any tray icon once this problem starts. So I can not say.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000