Requests
 Organizing Gestures
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

anjan_oleti

22 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2016 :  23:13:57  Show Profile
Moving from StrokeIt to Strokes Plus has been very interesting. Being a huge fan of gestures, I have been using a lot of gestures over a long time in StrokeIt. Over time, managing gestures became messy and confusing. So, moving to Strokes Plus has provided an opportunity to recreate and reorganize the gestures from scratch. One thing excellent about Strokes Plus is the graphical representation of gestures in thumbnails. The Action Report is also very useful. In this regard, I would request the following:

1. There is a minor feature of StrokeIt, that I still miss in Strokes Plus. While assigning a gesture to an action, the gesture drop-down list filters out gestures that were already assigned for the particular app and shows only the remaining. This was very handy when dealing with several gestures. It would be great if it is implemented in S+ too. If that is difficult to implement, atleast a report showing all the unused gestures (for global actions and others) would be handy.

2. As mentioned above, I have meticulously created more than 300 gestures which do not confuse S+ in recognizing (afaik). I feel it might be useful for users new to gestures. So, I would like to share them for their benefit. It will be nice to export a report displaying large thumbnails and names of all gestures in customizable number of rows and columns.

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2016 :  23:39:13  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
1. Regarding the filtering of used gestures, the reason that is not done is because S+ supports modifiers. Meaning, the same gesture drawing can be used multiple times for the same but utilizing different modifiers like another mouse button, Control key, etc. I'll give it some thought and see what I can come up with, if nothing else something like a checkbox next to the gesture selection to optionally filter already used ones or something.

2. The new version will support exporting of gestures, actions, entire apps, etc. The level of export options will be very granular. The idea is to have an online repository that people can share and import, all from within the new GUI, or through the website by downloading (meaning in both places, not one or the other).

I'll also be supporting (optional) synchronizing of settings, apps, gestures, etc. So when you go to work, any new gestures/actions you made at home would show up, if you want them to. I still have to work out the details about how that will function, but it's on my agenda.

Keep the ideas coming! I can't guarantee they will all be included, but now is the time before I get too far down the coding path; it gets harder and harder to make changes as time goes on. Like a building, making a change while it's still just on blueprints is pretty easy. not once you've already laid the foundation and put up walls.
Go to Top of Page

anjan_oleti

22 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2016 :  00:08:36  Show Profile
Filtering should be possible in spite of using modifiers. i.e. enabling a modifier before looking up a gesture would filter out a used gesture only if it was used with the enabled modifier. Similarly, looking up without any modifier selected, will filter out gestures used without any modifier.
It will be intuitive that way, right?

An additional checkbox to disable filtering should also help. Not all users may want it filtered.

Edited by - anjan_oleti on 04/07/2016 06:13:40
Go to Top of Page

anjan_oleti

22 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2016 :  09:40:42  Show Profile
Hi Rob, will filtering be added anytime soon? :)
Go to Top of Page

renerelire

3 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2016 :  13:20:56  Show Profile
Hi anjan_oleti. I'm interested to see your 300 gestures or so. Do you think you could share some files.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000