Windows 10 Annyversary Update broke StrokesPlus
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

reset77

4 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2016 :  09:03:40  Show Profile
Hi Thanks for this great software!!

Maybe you are already aware that Windows Anniversary Update is causing a lot of problems with Strokes Plus including duplication of StrokePlus processes, problems with keyboard and mouse being all buggy when strokes plus is active, problems with windows in general and mostly with Windows Explorer.

Strokes Plus is so amazing wish this bugs can be fixed soon

Thanks!!

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2016 :  11:33:23  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I hadn't updated to the Anniversary update yet, but I just finished and I'm not experiencing any odd issues.

Can you give me some specific scenarios I can follow to reproduce one or more of the issues you're having?
Go to Top of Page

reset77

4 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2016 :  12:34:56  Show Profile
Hi Man thanks for your time and fast reply

it was the same for me, it was good at first but after a while started experiencing weird things like macros in keyboard and mouse all crazy, and i was unable to right click the desktop or see the windows start menu till i finally catch it was StrokesPlus maybe this was a more hard to reproduce bug, just happened 2 times

but a recurrent bug was that i started to see a lot of duplicated tray icons of StrokePlus, after a while... even up to 8 StrokesPlus tray icons, if you close one all of them close, i think a way to reproduce it is to "Restart" Windows Explorer on the task manager, maybe this will start duplicating tray icons,

but i also think man that this Windows Annyversary Update has serious bugs with multiple monitors that have different Scaling, i had a lot of trouble where some black spaces appear on some of the screens, you can move mouse over those black spaces but windows wont get to use the whole screen.

hope this is helpful man, i just disabled StrokesPlus for now, but will be glad to enable and try test this or help more, thanks!!!
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2016 :  12:44:06  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Hmm, well now that I've updated Windows, I guess I'll just see what happens!
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2016 :  22:24:39  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Someone else posted with issues as well, and yet I'm still running fine. For them, running as Administrator seems to work fine. What happens if you try that?

Trying to see if I can narrow down a workaround/possible cause.
Go to Top of Page

reset77

4 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2016 :  08:27:39  Show Profile
Hi Man

Thanks for the answer, running as Administrator seems to work really good, i will keep testing and post if i find something new.

Also since the last windows cumulative update i had no more problems with duplicated tray icon, if i change the scaling of a screen, or restart windows explorer, the tray icon disappear then appear again deactivated, but StrokePlus activate again, and is cool, no duplicated icon!!

also Microsoft knew there was a bad bug with sizing of screens when multiple monitors connected with different DPI scaling, do you think maybe that was a cause of trouble, maybe the way StrokePlus measure the size of screens? now that bug is fixed and bug of some black spaces on some of the screens is also fixed.

lets hope StrokePlus dont get affected anymore by this windows bugs

Thanks Man!!

Edited by - reset77 on 08/15/2016 08:35:17
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2016 :  10:23:43  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Okay, thanks for letting me know. I'll need to find out what's going on with the non-admin mode.

And just so you know, the icon disappearing, coming back disabled (for 5 seconds), then activating is intentional. S+ subscribes to a message that Windows broadcasts when waking up or changing display resolution, to give time for the display changes to complete before measuring the desktop's dimensions and resizing the S+ draw window.
Go to Top of Page

reset77

4 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2016 :  10:18:52  Show Profile
Hi Man, i just wanted to update that everything is working really good all this time in Admin Mode, no more tray duplicated icons, and problems with windows and shortcuts and S+ and other software getting stuck seems it was a windows issue i saw on other forums, and its been fixed in latest cumulative updates

this software is really amazing and powerful. Thanks!!

Edited by - reset77 on 09/17/2016 10:21:25
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000