New Bugs
 New install doesn't work
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rsimmons

2 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2016 :  09:54:46  Show Profile
I assume it happened with the Win 10 Anniversary update, but my StrokeIt (blasphemy!) stopped working so I thought I'd try S+.

Unfortunately, it also does not work. I've tried both the 64 and 32 bit signed versions, running as Admin and not as Admin. The 32 bit closes immediately. The 64 bit stays in the Task Manager, but there is no systray icon.

I've tried re-installing the cert manually with no change. Always installed with the setup exe to the default directories (Program Files or Program Files (x86)).

I read some people having problems and just running as Admin fixing it, so not sure what else to try. I did grab a process manager log if that helps. (email to you?)

Not sure if this helps with ideas, but with StrokeIt, it still ran in the tray but no gestures were recognized. They were still defined, but just not recognized when I gestured.

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2016 :  10:39:31  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Hmm, have you tried downloading the portable version, using the unsigned one, extracting to a separate folder (not Program Files) and running as Admin? Just curious if that works. I have no problems running, but of course I already had it installed prior to the anniversary update, so could be something with only new installs.
Go to Top of Page

rsimmons

2 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2016 :  21:58:23  Show Profile
No luck.

Tried signed and unsigned portable of x86 and x64. Tried as Admin and not. Tried compatibility mode for Win 8 and 7. Ended up with the same results each time.

Maybe it just isn't meant to be.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000