S+ getting interrupted mid-stroke
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

milkchaser

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2017 :  08:31:40  Show Profile  Visit milkchaser's Homepage
Lately, on two different installations of Windows 10, I find that S+ is getting interrupted in the middle of a stroke. This will happen on a fairly simple stroke pattern, e.g. the "Up" stroke that moves from down-right to up-left. The "Up" stroke invokes a one-line script: acSendKeys("^w"). But the problem is not with the script, the problem is that (in the worst case) some process interrupts the stroke, S+ thinks the stroke is complete, I continue the stroke in the same direction and S+ takes the remainder of the stroke as a second action.

As you can imagine, two successive Ctl-W keystrokes closes two windows or two tabs.

I have also noticed that this is leaving behind unerased stroke overlay pixels. If I disable S+ and re-enable, the screen is cleared and these pixels get erased.

I am guessing that some other Windows process is momentarily stealing mouse events or perhaps just getting a time slice long enough for S+ to falsely detect the end of stroke.

Any suggestions on how to reconfigure S+ to avoid this kind of problem?

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2017 :  09:20:30  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Are you using the same mouse on each of these installations?

You would not be the first to post something along these lines, only for it to be hardware issue with the tiniest of intermittent button failure resulting in a microsecond interruption of the button being down. Given that you're having stroke line artifacts, I feel there's a good chance that's what's happening; since it's so fast that S+ hasn't had the time to perform its cleanup before the stroke button down message is coming back in. Under normal human operation, it is pretty much impossible to create this timing issue.

Try another mouse and see if it continues to happen.

It could be a driver or some other software conflict, but of the posts made on my forum, it's always the mouse. This happened to me too, if it weren't for using S+ I'd never have noticed the issue, since it's very rare to drag the mouse with the right button.
Go to Top of Page

milkchaser

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2017 :  23:40:34  Show Profile  Visit milkchaser's Homepage
Thanks. I didn't think of that. Yes, I am using the same mouse on both systems through a KVM switch. I will experiment.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000