Requests
 Return correct value for acSendMessage
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

slangmgh

6 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2017 :  20:20:15  Show Profile
acSendMessage is an very useful function to communicate with the other program, if it can return the correct value from SendMessage call, then it will be more useful, we can get some information from other program, not just send an message.

Now I can only use acRegistryGet... function to exchange information with other program, it is workable, but seems ugly.

Thanks.

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2017 :  11:08:25  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Yeah, acSendMessage was a very early function when I was working on creating S+. In hindsight, there was no reason to not simply return whatever SendMessage itself returned. While it is an easy fix, my current PC isn't even set up to build S+ at the moment as I have been inactive in my development due to many other things going on in life, and what time I would have I'd like to devote to the new version of S+.

For my own curiosity and to better understand the kind of things you're doing, would you mind giving me an example of what and how you're communicating back and forth? It will be helpful for to know these specifics for when I do spend time working on S+, to ensure I map out as many things as I can to be able to handle the random things people do.
Go to Top of Page

slangmgh

6 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2017 :  19:56:10  Show Profile
I find the easy way is:

local alien = alien.core
local mb = alien.load("user32.dll")
SendMessage = mb.SendMessageA

I need to get the cursor type when I right click the mouse.
http://www.strokesplus.com/forum/topic/1263/add-var-to-get-the-cursor-type-on-gesture-start
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2017 :  07:42:31  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I sometimes forget that alien can achieve this, haha.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000