General Discussion
 Thank You!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dexn

1 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2012 :  16:58:00  Show Profile
This is a great piece of software that has now replaced StrokeIt on my PC's. I've been using mouse gestures for many years and I don't think I could function without them now! Thank you for giving the best mouse gesture application (imo) to the world :-)

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2012 :  20:18:24  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
You're most welcome! S+ is dream realized for me after many years of wanting to make something like SI, but better.

And as I've stated in other threads, I will open source it if the time comes that I'm not properly tending to development and fixing problems. I hated that Jeff wasn't really ever around but once a year, if that :-)

I'm glad you enjoy S+!
Go to Top of Page

imafishimafish

USA
19 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  16:55:06  Show Profile
Wow. Thanks creating (and maintaining) S+
You wouldn't believe how excited I was to find StrokesPlus. You've done some great work so far. I love it.
I used the unfortunately named competitor app (SI) for a while, but didn't install it on my new computer, and recently had a hankering for some global gestures. Looking for an alternative to SI, I tried some lame wannabe apps a year or two ago. They were completely disappointing. Then I found S+ today, and it rocks!
I'll use it for a week, and if I still love it, I'll definitely donate to the cause.

P.S. Thank you for the open-source-if-I-drop-the-ball pledge I appreciate that.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2012 :  19:12:27  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Thanks and you're welcome!

And yes, I do know how you feel..it's the reason I wrote S+ in the first place =)
Go to Top of Page

anthor

1 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2012 :  16:07:46  Show Profile
Also thanks from my part would not know what to do without, just can't live without gestures anymore
Go to Top of Page

boombyte

Croatia
18 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2013 :  18:14:51  Show Profile
You know, after using Easystroke in GNU/Linux for some time, I thought no other tool could reach that level of practical usability. StrokeIt was the best Windows world could offer and I was a little bit disappointed (in spite of my previous surprise that there existed even one good Windows gesture tool, for that matter) that it couldn't stand next to Easystroke which had far better gesture recognition and recognized mouse clicks as part of the gestures.

I proceeded to meddle with Autoit scripts and combined them with StrokeIt, 'cuz I'm crazy about tweaking GUIs :) ..and finally wrote a thesis based on perfecting Human-Computer Interaction using (mouse) gestures. I've since dug in every corner of the Internet to find something at least on par with Easystroke but to no avail, so I gave up.

But couple of weeks ago I was so frustrated with SI confusing gestures that I went to try searching again, so here I am writing this :)
I must admit, I was a little skeptical at first, seeing some SI features missing from S+ behavior, but after playing with it, I must praise you, Rob, for creating such a wonderful, customizable, reliable, portable and robust tool with microscopic memory footprint (I'm amazed) and a modular scripting interface. I see you care a great deal about the gesture-controlled GUI (the potential of which laid forgotten for 30 years) and strive to give users maximum control and freedom in tuning up the S+ functionality to their taste. I must commend Dylan Vester also for his superb gesture recognition algorithm!

Keep doing the fine job, Rob. You'll get a fat donation from me as soon as I get my paycheck. ;)
Go to Top of Page

knight

China
2 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2013 :  12:31:00  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Rob

Thanks and you're welcome!
And yes, I do know how you feel..it's the reason I wrote S+ in the first place =)

Hello,Rob.I also want to express my gratefulness.S+ has brought me such uncountable convenience that I can't live without it.Since I have become a Ubuntuer recently,I am upset when I found S+ doesn't support Linux.
You know,Easystroke is not as customizable as S+,it can't send a mouse click,doesn't support the mouse wheel gesture(forgive my poor English,I don't know how to say) etc.So I would really appreciate it if you can make S+ support Linux.Will it come true?
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2013 :  12:46:03  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
quote:
So I would really appreciate it if you can make S+ support Linux.Will it come true?

It's not likely to happen any time in the foreseeable future

I know very little about Linux in general, and virtually nothing about the internal functioning and how to write such an app for Linux. It is not something I am ruling out, but if I am to be honest with you, it is not something which would happen for a very long time.

95% of the code for S+ is Windows-specific, so it is not simply a matter of porting the code to a different platform; it is literally creating a new application from scratch.

I'm sorry you have lost the functionality you came to depend on, I know how frustrating that can be!
Go to Top of Page

knight

China
2 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2013 :  22:52:27  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Rob
It's not likely to happen any time in the foreseeable future

Sigh...What a pity...I just look forward to your approval.
Anyway,thanks for creating such a wonderful software.I love it very much.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000