Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Feature Updates
 New Features
 [ADDED] Rocker Support (and for other uses)
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2012 :  02:18:53  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Added in 2.0.13:

Ability to qualify an action based on whether the modifier(s) was pressed at the time the stroke button is pressed, or after. You must check Capture Modifiers on Stroke Button Down* in Preferences to utilize this feature, but it allows you to create rocker actions.

For example, if you wanted to have a Forward and Back action pair, one which you press the right button, then the left to fire one action, and left then right to fire the other, you can now do that by leveraging the new Modifier Check options in the Actions Tab.

Simply define two actions using the same gesture (if any) and modifier(s), selecting On Stroke Button Down (or Before Stroke Button prior to 2.0.14) for one action, and After Stroke Button Down for the other. Then, (assuming Right is your stroke button), when you press right followed by left (and release) one action will fire, but press left then right (while left is still pressed then release) and the other action will fire.

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2012 :  16:06:39  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Note that if you perform the modifier (using the above rocker example) at the time of stroke button down, then let go, then press the modifier again while still drawing, either of the actions above would qualify.

The action that gets fired would be the first one that was created since it would be processed first.
Go to Top of Page

nazikus

1 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2014 :  06:28:04  Show Profile
Great, just tried it and it works.

But there is one flaw. I have configured left-right and right-left clicks for Tab-switching (I have better control of how many tabs I switch via clicking rather than scrolling). But I cannot make several clicks while holding the right-button. For example:
Switching 3 tabs to the right: hold left button - right click x3 times - release left button (works ok);
Switching 3 tabs to the left: hold right button - left click x3 times - release right button (doesn't work, i need to release right button each time)

Is there any way to workaround this? Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2014 :  03:21:12  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Not currently. I've posted the explanation for this somewhere at least once (and I'm feeling too lazy to search for it!)...suffice it to say, the rocker support was a later added, bolted on feature which I was able to work in. However, due to S+ recognizing multiple modifiers, the pressing of a the left button while holding right (the stroke button) doesn't fit into the rest of the program's architecture. Although, it seems that maybe I could add an option specifically to override that just for people who want to use rockers in the generally accepted way.
Go to Top of Page

Strokeman

33 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2014 :  10:28:47  Show Profile
Interesting Feature. Surely adds a lot more use for twin features like
Back - Forward
Close Tab/Window - Undo Close Tab/Window
Open a File/Program(quick look) - Close that File/Program
Go up one folder - Go down One folder
Cut/Copy-Paste
Possibilities are many

Don't know why i missed it (even though i know there is On and after stroke button down option in S+).Great. Just started using it
RIGHT then Left Click (gestureless) for Browser Stop Page loading &
LEFT then Right Click (gestureless) for Browser Refresh Page

Thanks rob once again :)
Go to Top of Page

markninan123

1 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2015 :  22:39:57  Show Profile
I'm kinda coding illiterate so I was just wondering - whether any of you could help me do one thing please?:

1) Could you help me with a basic Rocker Gesture feature please - basically it's to zoom in and zoom out of a webpage/MS document/folder.

I'm kinda lost with the user interface(was familiar with Just Gestures) adding some simple steps would greatly help. lol.

Thanks for the help.

Mark.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2015 :  21:35:12  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
First, make sure this preference is enabled:

Create the Zoom In action, focusing on the highlighted items:
--Zoom in
local WM_MOUSEWHEEL = 0x20A
local WHEEL_POS = 0x00780000 --standard 120 tick of a mouse wheel scroll up, pre-shifted
local WHEEL_NEG = 0xff880000 --standard -120 tick of a mouse wheel scroll down, pre-shifted
acSendControlDown()
acDelay(5)
--Mouse Wheel Up
acPostMessage(acGetWindowByPoint(gsx, gsy), WM_MOUSEWHEEL, WHEEL_POS, bit32.lshift(gsy,16)+gsx)
acSendControlUp()

Create the Zoom Out action:

--Zoom out
local WM_MOUSEWHEEL = 0x20A
local WHEEL_POS = 0x00780000 --standard 120 tick of a mouse wheel scroll up, pre-shifted
local WHEEL_NEG = 0xff880000 --standard -120 tick of a mouse wheel scroll down, pre-shifted
acSendControlDown()
acDelay(5)
--Mouse Wheel Down
acPostMessage(acGetWindowByPoint(gsx, gsy), WM_MOUSEWHEEL, WHEEL_NEG, bit32.lshift(gsy,16)+gsx)
acSendControlUp()

It's important to note that you must release the stroke button (right, by default) each time you want the action to fire. For Zoom Out, you just hold the left button and click the right button repeatedly to zoom out. However, for Zoom In you have to first press and hold the right mouse button, then press the left mouse button, then release both mouse buttons.

This sounds more complicated when you're reading it, but once you do it several times, it's pretty fluid. Though, it's not exactly the way true rockers work (the Zoom In action) because you have to release both buttons. As I've posted on other threads, this has to do with the way S+ works, and rocker support being a later added feature due to request, but in a way that didn't break the core of how S+ functions.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000