Posted - 06/30/2012 :  13:30:21  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
32-bit:

Portable/ZIP Download - Full Application:
http://www.strokesplus.com/files/StrokesPlus_2.1.1_x86.zip

Portable/ZIP Download - Changed Files Only:
http://www.strokesplus.com/files/StrokesPlus_2.1.1_x86_chg.zip

Setup Package Download:
http://www.strokesplus.com/files/StrokesPlus_2.1.1_x86.msi
(simple install; creates program group with shortcuts to StrokesPlus and Help page)

64-bit:

Portable/ZIP Download - Full Application:
http://www.strokesplus.com/files/StrokesPlus_2.1.1_x64.zip

Portable/ZIP Download - Changed Files Only:
http://www.strokesplus.com/files/StrokesPlus_2.1.1_x64_chg.zip

Setup Package Download:
http://www.strokesplus.com/files/StrokesPlus_2.1.1_x64.msi
(simple install; creates program group with shortcuts to StrokesPlus and Help page)

Change Log:
- Moved reset cancel delay check to inside the minimum segment length block. Basically, this means that the cancel delay will only be reset if the mouse has been moved more than the pixels defined for the minimum segment length (or if any modifer has been pressed, those always reset the cancel timer, if you have the option checked), instead of even a single pixel movement resetting the cancel timer. I can't think of a reason why this would be an issue, in fact it seems to make sense given the minimum segment length setting exists. Specifically, this addresses the issue of using a pen on a tablet where keeping the pen absolutely still is virtually impossible, leading to having no viable method to use S+ without significant compromise of general Windows usability while also being able to use S+. Unless you're specifically resetting the cancel timer by moving the mouse only a few pixels, this shouldn't affect anyone, or even be noticed (unless you defined a very large minimum segment length value, which doesn't seem practical). If this causes any issues, I'll break this functionality out into a new preference, but since this logic is in the mouse hook, I'd prefer to keep the checks to an absolute minimum for performance reasons; another preference means another CPU cycle for each mouse move. In fact, this change improves performance as the timer isn't killed and restarted every single mouse move, only when the mouse has been moved the minimum segment length. As I said, I believe this will be a completely transparent change, but make S+ far more usable for pen/tablet users.
- acDisplayText now supports multiple lines of text (using \n for new line)
- The Settings window now runs on its own thread, eliminating the resize lag and scrollbar drag issues (and just makes sense). Also changed the Settings window so it doesn't redraw itself on each pixel while resizing, to further improve responsiveness when resizing on lower end systems.
- Moved the clear vars call in gestureComplete from before lua_load to just inside the block, in hopes to maybe fix Andreasvb's issue (fingers crossed, but I don't think it actually will!)
- Added some checks to help prevent a crash if you have a long running action executing while trying to reload the Lua state (like clicking Apply or OK in the Settings window or Reload from tray menu. It's not air tight as you could have multiple long running actions set in motion and due to the nature of allowing actions running in parallel, they still could trip over each other, but I imagine that would be a very rare scenario; this fixes the most likely (albeit still rare) scenario

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2012 :  13:32:37  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
If you have any problems with this release, just go back to 2.1.0 as these are mostly stability/performance enhancements. But do let me know if you have any problems.
Go to Top of Page

Andreasvb

Sweden
46 Posts

Posted - 06/30/2012 :  16:31:40  Show Profile
Unfortunately it still crashes. =/

When using the 32-bit version the mouse lags less when it crashes so I can at least close the crash dialog easier. XD

Edited by - Andreasvb on 06/30/2012 16:35:33
Go to Top of Page

cyberalex4life

53 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  08:59:18  Show Profile
I have a small problem with

acActivateWindow(nil, gsx, gsy)
acSendKeys("%{F_4}")

it does not activate the window under the start of the gesture if I draw it quick. If I draw it slow, it does...
Go to Top of Page

cyberalex4life

53 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  09:03:25  Show Profile
but I did manage with sending click left at (gex, gey) before Alt + F4
Go to Top of Page

cyberalex4life

53 Posts

Posted - 07/01/2012 :  09:27:17  Show Profile
also, can't close sound devices select dialog with

acSendKeys("%{F_4}")
Go to Top of Page

cyberalex4life

53 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2012 :  05:48:34  Show Profile
I made a fix with Windows Application Utility Kit for Strokes Plus, so that it would not ask for Admin Rights and now everything seems fine, even
doesn't seem to miss any window anymore
Go to Top of Page

cyberalex4life

53 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2012 :  06:00:11  Show Profile
The only windows that it misses are those referring to basic drivers and devices (like sound, keyboard opened both from Control Pannel or desktop.
My guessing: something incompatible with Control Panel. Actually Contol Panel window activates ok, there are problems with drivers related windows, mostly sound, keyboard and mouse, not with vide...
Go to Top of Page

cyberalex4life

53 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2012 :  06:08:38  Show Profile
Another remark is that those windows don't suport Maximize (they don't have this button) or Win + Left/Right Arrow actions. Each one of them I think...
Some support Minimize, like Realtek Audio Driver
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000