Windows 8 Start Menu Class ID
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jaeyongk

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2012 :  17:12:25  Show Profile
I'm trying to set the mouse gestures in Win 8 start menu for desktops/laptops without touch screen. But I keep failing to find Class Name or Control ID for Win 8 start menu. Does anyone can help me to find Class Name or Control ID for Win 8 stat menu?

p.s. I'm so thrilled to bring touch-screen-like experience on Window 8, with just using mouse. (bring Charm Menu, App Switching.. etc..) Please help me!

JaeYong Kim
/ www.yshome.me

jaeyongk

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2012 :  18:07:27  Show Profile
Just figured out Win 8 start menu class name is ImmersiveLauncher (parent class name)

JaeYong Kim
/ www.yshome.me
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  11:29:43  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
An interesting script for changing the size of the Win8 Start Screen (I used the S gesture):
local hLauncher = acGetOwnerWindowByPoint(gsx, gsy)
local hMonitor = acGetMonitorFromPoint(gsx, gsy)
local sWindowClassName = acGetClassName(hLauncher, 0, 0)
if sWindowClassName == "ImmersiveLauncher" then
	if iLauncherResized == 1 then
		acSendKeys("@")
	end
else
	acSendKeys("@")
end
if iLauncherResized == nil then
	acDelay(100)
	acMoveWindow(hLauncher, 0, 0, acGetMonitorTop(hMonitor, 1),acGetMonitorTop(hMonitor,1))
	acSetWindowSize(hLauncher, 0, 0,acGetMonitorRight(hMonitor, 1),acGetMonitorBottom(hMonitor, 1))
	iLauncherResized = 1
end
So the S gesture opens up the start screen and resizes the window to leave the taskbar visible. You might have to play with the acDelay(100) call if your machine is sluggish in bringing up the start screen.

Edit: updated script to detect whether the start screen is active and whether it's already been resized, just a little more graceful logic. So if you draw an S and the start screen is open but hasn't been resized, it will resize and leave on the screen. If the start screen is open and has been resized, it will send the Win key and exit the start screen. If the start screen isn't open, it will open it, and if it hasn't been resized, will handle that.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  11:49:09  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Of course, take note that while drawing on the Win8 Start Screen, you will not see the gesture line being drawn. This is due to the way Microsoft made the launcher window and so far I haven't found any way around it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000