One Year!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2012 :  10:59:40  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
December 15th, 2011 was the 1 year mark from the first download of S+ I made available on the site. It didn't even have a working interface at the time, but was the beginning of something better than I could have imagined.

I want to thank everyone for their support, encouragement, and ideas along the way. I know there are still some things that you all would like to see added to S+ as well as some features I had planned to add by now; but most of them are the nice-to-haves which I find hard to convince myself to take care of given the limited amount of personal time I have to spend on S+. Part of the reason is that there are some inherent shortcomings with the core code of S+ which make it difficult for me to spend a significant amount of time adding things which would have to be redone for a new version of S+.

In the end, S+ needs to be rewritten to overcome these few core issues (like Unicode characters, for example) and I'd rather save my energy for the rewrite than adding bells and whistles that aren't used on a daily basis (like exporting nodes). I'm always thinking about how I'd like to rewrite S+; I continually refine this in my head so when the time comes, I'll be ready and will have covered everything. Thanks to all of you who have raised issues, there are things I hadn't thought of when I started S+ which will definitely be considered when version 3 is developed. I really didn't imagine that this little project would have gained such popularity and a devoted user base.

I'd like to thank all of you, for you're truly the reason I continue this utility; I would've been bored with and abandoned it a long time ago otherwise!

Here's to hoping everyone has a great holiday season (to those for which it's relevant) and a prosperous 2013! That is, assuming the Mayans aren't right; in which case it's been nice knowing you.

Rob

Hax

128 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2012 :  12:18:43  Show Profile
Congratulations on this great achievement and thanks for S+!
Go to Top of Page

breakcore

Russia
74 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2012 :  15:54:27  Show Profile
This is definitely an app of the year for me! I think S+ has a potential to become something massive. Big thanks!!!
Go to Top of Page

defpt

18 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2012 :  01:44:03  Show Profile
Even though I use it only for a short time£¬but i like it very much.
Thank you for this great creation£¬and I wish you good luck in the new year.
Go to Top of Page

Cerberus

Netherlands
86 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  21:52:03  Show Profile  Visit Cerberus's Homepage
Aww I missed the big anniversary last month, congratulations! This "little project"!? My dear chap, you have created the best program in its class on the planet, that is an objective fact. I had been waiting for this for so many years, being frustrated by Stroke It's bugginess daily (although Stroke It is still great too).
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  22:11:21  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Good to see you're still alive =)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page