[NOTICE] Child Window Focus, 2.5.6 - 2.5.7
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  14:42:42  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Since it seemed there were many users who wanted S+ to activate the window below where the gesture began, I updated the StrokesPlus.lua (Global Lua tab contents) in the latest (2.5.6+) downloads to have this in place by default.

However, this can have unintended consequences and I will be removing it from the downloads sometime in the near future.

For example, drawing on the Open File dialog (a child window) in WordPad causes the sp_before_action() function to activate the WordPad window itself, when you intended for the action to occur within the child window.

For now, you can simply remove the call to acActivate window in the Global Lua tab, sp_before_action function.

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2013 :  00:54:06  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I've updated the downloads for 2.5.8 to remove the call to acActivateWindow() in sp_before_action. Although, you may have to remove the code yourself as the installer is configured to not overwrite your StrokesPlus.xml or StrokesPlus.lua files (to preserve your actions, etc.)
Go to Top of Page

Andreasvb

Sweden
46 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2013 :  19:55:08  Show Profile
So there's no way to activate the windows now?
Guess I'll be staying on the older version then until something comes up. :)

I might've misinterpreted it, it's just removed from the Global Lua tab, but still exist as a function, right?

Basically it's most that I want an action to work on the window under the cursor regardless if it's active or not, that's why I need to bring it to front first, like switching and closing tabs in Google Chrome.
Sometimes it doesn't fire, so it will affect the active window instead, not sure why.

If there are other ways to do it then it would be as good, if not better.

Thanks. :)

Windows 8.1u3 Pro x64 Media Center / Portable StrokesPlus 2.8.2.0

Edited by - Andreasvb on 01/15/2013 19:59:40
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2013 :  20:07:15  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Oh yea, I only removed it from the default installation of StrokesPlus.lua (Global Lua). You can still do it if you want, I just prefer that a default install doesn't exhibit odd or unexpected behavior for new users.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000