Beta 2.6.4 (32-bit and 64-bit)
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  14:47:36  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
This is a Beta release, use at your own risk and make sure to back up your StrokesPlus.xml file. If you're new to S+, install 2.6.3 first, then replace the EXE and DLL with the contents of this Beta release.

32-bit:

http://www.strokesplus.com/files/StrokesPlus_2.6.4_x86_Beta.zip

64-bit:

http://www.strokesplus.com/files/StrokesPlus_2.6.4_x64_Beta.zip

Change Log:
- Moved sp_after_release call to happen after the gesture action script, also waits for the action sequence to finish instead of running asynchronously; I imagine this would be the desired operation.
- sp_after_release will also only be fired when an actual gesture was successfully matched and within the same thread as the action script, except for mouse wheel tick actions, where it occurs after release in a separate thread
- Changed logic regarding action execution checks. This is an internal change which shouldn't be noticed, but makes S+ better handle rapid/concurrent action executions

Beta:
- Support for Synaptics TouchPad 2 or 3 finger gestures! This functionality is parallel to the mouse (or keyboard for stroke key). So you can use the mouse to draw a gesture or a finger gesture on the TouchPad
- If no Synaptics software is found, the Synaptics functionality and preferences will not be enabled (nor use any resources at all, for those wondering)
- There will likely be bugs and compatibility issues with various Synaptics hardware/software; I'll address them as they come up (or if I discover them)
- If you have a TouchPad, but do NOT want S+ to watch its events, check Disable in the Preferences tab. You must restart S+ when you either enable or disable the Synaptics functionality
- Note that S+ doesn't differentiate a TouchPad gesture from a mouse gesture; it matches just like it would with the mouse. This means that actions with modifiers may be tricky depending on the action configuration and your dexterity!
- Updated Language.xml, adding the following to support the Synaptics TouchPad Beta feature:
language.Preferences.SynapticsFrame.Title ("Synaptics TouchPad")
language.Preferences.SynapticsFrame.Fingers.2 ("2 Fingers")
language.Preferences.SynapticsFrame.Fingers.3 ("3 Fingers")
language.Preferences.SynapticsFrame.Sensitivity ("Movement Sensitivity:")
language.Preferences.SynapticsFrame.Percent ("%")
language.Preferences.SynapticsFrame.Disable ("Disable (restart S+)")

Follow this post for full and new details:

http://www.strokesplus.com/forum/topic/621/open-synaptics-touchpad-support

plunt

Italy
88 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  15:03:46  Show Profile
Have only:
StrokesPlus.exe and StrokesPlus.dll
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  15:05:39  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I know. It's a Beta release, so you must copy the appropriate files to the destination. I haven't updated the help files, etc. Plus, I don't want new people to simply install the latest version without understanding this is a Beta release; so having only the EXE and DLL ensures they must install the stable release first.
Go to Top of Page

plunt

Italy
88 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  15:23:03  Show Profile
but "Language.xml" with language.Preferences.SynapticsFrame... preferences?
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  15:25:02  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Ah, I see what you mean now; that file hasn't been updated/published yet.

The above should really state that if those elements exist, Beta 2.6.4 will recognize them. The elements are supported, but the template files haven't been published yet. I publish those when a full release is made.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000