Mersine

22 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2013 :  15:50:23  Show Profile
Hi Rob,
I tried changing my xml from

<CheckForegroundTimeout>0</CheckForegroundTimeout>
To:
<CheckForegroundTimeout>1</CheckForegroundTimeout>

as you suggested. However, I still continue to get the flashing taskbar. To stop it I click it. I have three monitors, each with taskbars using "actual multiple monitors". There always seems to be only one taskbar flashing and more often with a flash video. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks!

Mersine

22 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2013 :  15:51:39  Show Profile
Also I am unable to subscribe to a thread.

Server Error

404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2013 :  15:54:30  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Flashing:

Yea, it's a terribly annoying nuisance, but rarely happens for me. Are you running the signed version from a folder under Program Files? I'm just wondering if the UIAccess helps me to avoid having it happen. Also, what OS and platform are you running?

Subscribing:

Would you mind posting the URL? I'm guessing it's due to the recent rewrite additions I made, but I'm subscribed to the whole forum, so I don't see the links...plus I want to make sure I know what URL you're seing.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2013 :  16:17:59  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I think I fixed the subscription 404..refresh the page and try again.
Go to Top of Page

Mersine

22 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2013 :  09:34:34  Show Profile
Subscription works! I have Windows 7 ultimate and an unsigned version of your program. I'll try signed when I get home.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2013 :  13:12:57  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I would recommend installing the signed version (meaning don't just drop the EXE/DLL in a folder) as the installer will install the certificate necessary for S+ to run with the UIAccess privileges.
Go to Top of Page

Mersine

22 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2013 :  13:13:53  Show Profile
Ok thanks, I was wondering what the difference was. I'll get back to you next week, you're the best.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2013 :  13:16:46  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Yea, in general, the signed version is the best to run as it has almost administrative privileges, but doesn't actually need to run as an administrator.

For example, it can interact with an app running as admin without S+ having to also run as admin.

On Windows 8, it lets you draw gestures and interact with Metro apps and the Windows 8 start screen. So really, unless you're a purist or need to run it from outside of program files, the signed version is ideal. Additionally, the signed version can be set to automatically start with windows while having near admin privileges (without any kind of UAC prompt, etc.).
Go to Top of Page

Mersine

22 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2013 :  13:55:01  Show Profile
It may have worked, I switched check foreground timeout back to 0. I was having a lot of conflicting issues with "actual multiple monitors" when I moved windows around with keyboard shortcuts. I'll let you know if I have any more issues.
Go to Top of Page

Mersine

22 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2013 :  23:09:32  Show Profile
Thanks for the tip Rob, no more issues!
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2013 :  23:10:07  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Glad to hear!
Go to Top of Page