General Discussion
 acPreviousApplication is not Alt+Tab?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

thexray

2 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2013 :  03:08:04  Show Profile
Description of the function states that this function is analogous to pressing Alt+Tab. While it's true for the first call, second and all subsequent calls differs from pressing Alt+Tab two or more times in a row. No matter how many times I press Alt+Tab shortcut and how many windows are open, the focus will switch only between the last two active windows. Calling acPreviousApplication() multiple times will switch the focus between all opened windows in a row starting from the last active and ending with the first active.

I'd like to have the function that would be completely analogous to Alt+Tab in that it would always switch between the last two active windows. I can't use acSendKeys("%{Tab}"), because it doesn't work in Windows 8.

Another problem with acPreviousApplication() is that it doesn't work if the gesture/modifier click is performed in the task bar.

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2013 :  19:55:44  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Calling acPreviousApplication() multiple times will switch the focus between all opened windows in a row starting from the last active and ending with the first active.

I am unable to reproduce that. It only switches between the last 2 on my system (Win 8 64).

I can't use acSendKeys("%{Tab}"), because it doesn't work in Windows 8.

This seems to work for me in Windows 8:
acSendAltDown()
acDelay(25)
acSendKeys("{TAB}")
acSendAltUp()

Another problem with acPreviousApplication() is that it doesn't work if the gesture/modifier click is performed in the task bar.

I can't reproduce this either; well, after disabling the Taskbar ignored window, that is.
Go to Top of Page

thexray

2 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2013 :  05:12:15  Show Profile
Sorry, my bad. Autohotkey was interfering with StrokesPlus. acPreviousApplication() is working fine.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000