Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 General Discussion
 How to change brightness of laptop gesture?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gopikrish2000

34 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2013 :  12:06:28  Show Profile
In my lenovo thinkpad , to change the brightness i have to use " Function Key + Up/Down Key " . Now how i can send function key in acSendKeys() ?? If not is there any method to change brightness like acSetBrightness() similar to acSetVolume() ?

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2013 :  00:55:36  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I can't seem to find any way to use the acSendKeys call, but I added acGetMonitorBrightness and acSetMonitorBrightness in 2.7.7. Although, it works on my monitor, it doesn't seem to work on my laptop screen...so you may need to just use S+ to call NirCmd utilizing the changebrightness function.

My test script:
local iCurrent = acGetMonitorBrightness(nil, gsx, gsy, 1) -- 1 = get current value
local iMin = acGetMonitorBrightness(nil, gsx, gsy, 2)  -- 2 = get minimum supported value
local iMax = acGetMonitorBrightness(nil, gsx, gsy, 3)  -- 2 = get maximum supported value

acMessageBox("Current: "..iCurrent.." | Min: "..iMin.." | Max: "..iMax)

acSetMonitorBrightness(nil, gsx, gsy, 50) --set brightness to 50%
Go to Top of Page

gopikrish2000

34 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2013 :  02:28:03  Show Profile
Getting following error in my laptop with 2.7.7
"acSetMonitorBrightness error -1071241854: An error occurred while transmitting data to the device on the I2C bus" .

But Nircmd is working fine on 64 bit win 7 , thanks.

One more thing I want StrokePlus to always run in startup , as of now i'm putting shortcut in startup folder but when a new version comes again i need to do the same ... If it is not difficult then a option to autostart on windows load in preferences will be good .

Edited by - gopikrish2000 on 12/25/2013 02:44:35
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2013 :  02:31:28  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I get the same error on my laptop, but works for my monitor. I'll see if I can figure that out. Will add an autostart option at some point, but it's tricky given the access and knowing if the user is running the signed version, where it's installed, etc. That's why I haven't done it yet.
Go to Top of Page

gopikrish2000

34 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2013 :  02:45:03  Show Profile
Oh , the autostart is not a big issue but just good to have one ,

Couple more things.

1. In right Click context menu i want a new menuitem like "cmd here in this folder" , i don't think its possible just asking if there any.

2. Bcoz of some weird reason color is not getting displayed on gesture draw ( even when i select blue color and show in the Preferences ) but all the gestures are working fine . If i take a brand new S+ then color is getting displayed , don't why but i didn't edit directly in xml file .
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/169251534/other/StrokesPlus.xml
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2013 :  03:17:36  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
It looks like your opacity setting in preferences is 1, which is pretty much transparent.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2013 :  03:19:26  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Right, cmd here is something you'd have to get using a separate utility.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2013 :  16:54:23  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Also, I've added acSetDisplayGamma in 2.7.7.1 which adjusts the gamma across all displays, if supported by the video card. This lets you adjust the brightness indirectly and across all screens, but it's not technically changing the actual brightness setting; it's just something that can be used and didn't take much to add.
Go to Top of Page

gopikrish2000

34 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2013 :  11:30:16  Show Profile
For people who have windows 7 can also use this for increasing/decreasing brightness.

acSendKeys("@X{DELAY 100}{TAB}{UP})

One more thing , Function + F8 will disable my touchpad only , and
acConsumePhysicalInput() i think will disable complete input not only touchpad,
It'll be Good to have function to disable/enable touchpad .

Edited by - gopikrish2000 on 12/27/2013 11:42:01
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000