Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2014 :  16:27:58  Show Profile
Seriously.

I've been using mouse gestures like forever. First with FF and later with Chrome. I used StrokeIt for a while. Pigtools and so forth. But with every new version Chrome becomes more and more resistant to this most elegant way of interacting with it.

So I tried Strokes Plus and it looks very promising. BUT: I can't get it to work somehow.

I use Windows 8.1 with Classic Shell on top. SP works flawlessly in the Explorer for example. But in Chrome nothing works. I tried a couple of times to drag the target into the Chrome window, nothing. I want 5 things only. Up (new tab), down (close tab), and back and forth (left/right). And I want to be able to change tabs by turning the mousewheel while hovering over the tab bar. That's it.

Close tab should be:

acSendKeys("^w")

New tab is:

if acGetMouseCursorType() == "HAND" then
	acMouseClick(gsx, gsy, 1, 1, 1) 	
else
	acSendKeys("^t")
end

Both don't work. Please help me.

And while seeing that somebody still cares about mouse gestures out there I dream about being able to change tabs by mouse wheeling. I know it is hard. Do you see a way to do it?

Like, is there a way to tell StrokesPlus that the mouse icon is in the top 5% of the screen (tab bar)? How much effort would be needed to make something like that work?

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to your answer. Thanks.

I'm surfing the internet gestureless in the meantime. :/

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2014 :  19:07:52  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I haven't used Classic Shell. I'll have to spend some time messing around with it and see if I can figure why it's not working. I know that Chrome has some weird connection to the Explorer shell that I've noticed in the last year, but not sure what or why it would cause these issues.

I also run Windows 8.1 and use Chrome exclusively, but with the standard Explorer shell (using StartIsBack to add the Start button) and have no problem.

I'll let you know when I get some time to test it out.

Regarding the scrolling to change tabs, yes you can, but only as a hold the right button and scroll the wheel; that's how I change tabs. Maybe someday I'll look into S+ doing more outside of the stroke button being held.
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  05:16:20  Show Profile
Hi Rob. Thanks so much for your answer.

So you think Classic Shell is the culprit? I can uninstall it and try it without if you think that this info would help you.

I know about the hold mouse button and scroll mouse wheel and I find it a quite complex thing to do. And I'm used to switching tabs like that all the time.

I know StrokesPlus is free and I don't want to sound, as if I want to buy you out or anything. But I really would be willing to donate to get this functionality back. I also offer my services as beta-tester for the tab-wheel functionality and/or Classic Shell compatibility.

Many thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  09:12:38  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I can most certainly be bought! Other than one company who paid for a non-exclusive license to the S+ source code, I've never made enough in donations to even cover the monthly web hosting. In another year, even with the money from that one company, I'll be back in the red...

So sure, you can donate towards functionality!

However, I like to keep things as flexible as possible, so I still need to think through the best way to handle that functionality. My initial thought is to allow (optionally) a function to be defined in Global Lua which would be called on each wheel tick.

The upside of that is that it gives you the most control over exactly what happens on each wheel tick. The downside is that it will be slightly slower due to having to load and call the function on each tick of the wheel, which can happen very fast (so there's also contention issues to deal with).

On the other hand, building the code to change tabs directly in the mouse hook will perform very well, but will be locked down to whatever is compiled into the code; this can become a pain as inevitably 10 different people will want it to work 10 different ways.

This is the balancing act I have to play for virtually every feature.

However, maybe the pay-per-feature is a good one! "Oh, you don't like the way Klugschwätzer wanted it to work? Make a donation and I'll add another mode just for you!"
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  09:16:14  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Oh, and sure, you can try uninstalling Class Shell to see if it is the culprit, that would save me from having to do that part. If it is the culprit, it may be a bit tricky to resolve, but certainly something at which I can chip away.
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  09:55:03  Show Profile
Will do. I will get back to you tonight.
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  14:39:01  Show Profile
Well Classic Shell has nothing to do with my problem.

Even without it I stell have gestures in the Explorer but neiter in IE, or FF or Chrome.

I have attached two images of my settings for reference. Perhaps it is just me.

[url=http://abload.de/image.php?img=screenshot2014-01-162tej67.png][/url]

[url=http://abload.de/image.php?img=screenshot2014-01-16282j31.png][/url]
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  14:42:08  Show Profile
Wow. It just got even stranger.

While playing around I noticed that the Forum tabs work.

But http://www.strokesplus.com - like dozens of other tested URLS - doesn't.

How come?

Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  14:42:31  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Well, your application definition is extremely specific. Clear out everything but File Name as chrome.exe.

The way it is now requires that every single one of those fields match exactly.
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  15:12:08  Show Profile
Nice. That works now. Many thanks. I tried minimizing things in the app definition, but trusted the "find windows" too much it seems.

Two other things though.

First: A serious bug if you will. In Battlefield 4 a long press of the right mouse button will make your avatar look straight down. I tried it a couple of times with and without StrokesPlus in the background and it was always the same. I even deleted all global actions to no effect.

Second: I just donated you 10 USD. Great work. Really. Now: about the Chrome tab wheel scrolling feature. ;-)

But seriously. Isn't it possible to add a "location modifier"? That way one could create a "target zone" in chrome.exe in the top 2% of the screen and say the middle 50% of the width. That would cover most screen sizes, it would be optional of course and one could just place the mouse somewhere on top of things somewhere in the middle and one could change tabs. One turn per tab or something.

The Google Chrome toolbox extension had that feature, as numerous FF extensions, but few Chrome extensions. Some security feature or other prevent that in Chrome now mostly.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  15:48:52  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
You should create an Ignored application for Battlefield 4 and check the "Disable S+ if this application is activated". (You'll need to single-click the S+ icon when you're out of the game to re-enable)

S+ hooks the mouse directly, which can cause big problems in games, I don't recommend running any mouse hook program when playing in games.

I'll look into the scroll wheel/tab thing as soon as I can!
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  16:45:05  Show Profile
Mhh. Now I have another problem. For the second time in a row I lost my settings. Not the ignored list, but all customized keys. Haven't done anything though. All is reset in the "configure actions" tab except chrome.exe file name under "browser". When is the autosave running? Some reset bug there possible?
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  16:49:00  Show Profile
I created a "down" gesture for tab closing. After each reset this has been reset with nothing at all. The icon on the left though is a "B" for "bookmark page". Strange.

http://abload.de/img/screenshot2014-01-162etxjp.png

Can I export my settings somehow? I tried saving the folder under appdata\Roaming\ to no avail.

Edited by - Klugschwätzer on 01/16/2014 16:53:50
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  16:53:37  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Are you clicking OK? If you click the X (to close the window, or otherwise close it without clicking OK), the settings will only persist in memory, but not be committed. If you click Cancel, the settings are reverted.

That's the only thing I can think of at the moment. I've never had, nor heard of, that issue before. Unless there's some kind of utility that's messing with/restoring the StrokesPlus.xml file..
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2014 :  05:04:04  Show Profile
I'm not using that PC all the time. I haven't seen it happen again.

I clicked Apply and OK if I remember correctly. The action itself remained intact, but the custom gesture I drew was deleted.

If it happens again, I will post again.

And of course I'm looking forward to your efforts concerning tab wheeling/scrolling (I should really invent a proper name for it).
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2014 :  10:18:44  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
To answer your question about settings, your StrokesPlus.xml file holds all of your settings. StrokesPlus.lua contains the code in the Global Lua tab.
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2014 :  12:08:38  Show Profile
Well I restarted my machine and the settings are gone again.

I had installed the "strokesplussetup_2.7.8.1_x64_signed.exe" into the default folder.

Any ideas?
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2014 :  12:49:55  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Something, somewhere is replacing the StrokesPlus.xml. If you can start S+, save a setting, exit S+, restart S+ and the setting is still there, the file is fine. Restarting is somehow overwriting/reverting the file.

Confirm that you can do the above (close and restart S+ and the settings are there). If so, you've got something else running that's reverting the file. Some kind of back or file synchronization service maybe?
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2014 :  07:39:49  Show Profile
Did not happen again. I'll keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for you help so far.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  10:10:43  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Just so you know, I haven't forgotten about the mouse wheel thing =) I've been extremely busy with a project at work and haven't got around to it just yet.

However, in letting it steep, I believe the best way will be to call a Global Lua action on each tick (overall will be a Preference option). The reason for this is it allows you to customize the entire process.

For example, on a wheel tick, that function can check all kinds of things, like "Is this Chrome? If so, is the mouse in the top region of the window?" or anything else, can handle specific logic for any area of the screen or behave differently in different applications.

As I said before, the downside is that it will perform slightly slower than it could, but the amount of flexibility is the highest. I can't imagine the performance will be that bad considering I currently use mouse wheel gestures for switching tabs, changing volume, etc. and that amount of processing will be exactly the same as with the new functionality.

Anyway, just keeping you updated.
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  13:01:01  Show Profile
Hi Rob. Thanks for letting me know. Very thoughtful. Your approach sounds logical to me. We will see if the input time lag is a problem. My main computer is running a 4770K with 16 gigs of RAM so raw performance should not be an issue. On the other hand even a few hundred ms will make it seem unresponsive.

One other thing. If there is an option to disable S+ on an application start, is there also the reverse option? I mean an option to (re)start S+ as soon as a specific application is started. I'm mainly using gestures in Chrome. As soon as an app (like BF4) is running fullscreen it would make sense to disable S+ and get it back up as soon as the fullscreen app is closed again. Certain AV suites call this "game mode", but it works during video playback as well for example.

I mean it is no big deal to restart it by clicking the icon once, but an automatic restart would be nice nevertheless.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  13:08:06  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Someone else requested that too, it's possible, it just gets tricky when it comes to state management and resources. It's easy to disable S+ upon app activation, but it's trickier to watch and manage the state, especially considering the possibility of watching more than one ignored window. Does S+ enable itself only when the app exits? Only when it's no longer in focus?

Like I said, it's possible, but kind of messy and in the end, is more of a "nice to have" feature, so it gets bumped down in my own priority list.

I've done so prototyping of the wheel scroll and it seems like it should be ok. No, we're not talking hundreds of ms, < 25ms. I should hopefully have something ready to test by tonight or tomorrow.
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  13:36:54  Show Profile
Sounds great. I'm really looking forward to it.

How about just watching the fullscreen state? Is that not easier than watching certain applications?
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  15:24:00  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Uploaded 2.7.9, new check in Preference: Allow Mouse Wheel Tick Script*.

Turn that option on and add this function to your Global Lua tab to receive the event:
function sp_wheel_tick(control, wParam, lParam, x, y, delta)
	local exe = acGetExecutableName(control, nil, nil) 
	if exe == "chrome.exe" then
		if y <= acGetWindowTop(acGetOwnerWindowByPoint(x, y)) + 64 then
			if delta > 0 then
				--mouse wheel scrolled up
				acSendKeys("^{TAB}")
			else
				--mouse wheel scrolled down
				acSendKeys("^+{TAB}")
			end
		else
			acPostMessage(control, 0x020A, wParam, lParam)
		end
	else
		--Default, pass mouse wheel message onto the original control
		acPostMessage(control, 0x020A, wParam, lParam)
	end
end
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  15:38:41  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Technically speaking, wParam and lParam contain the delta, x, y, as well as things like key state (if shift was held during the scroll), so you could deconstruct those parameters if you really wanted to get creative and extend things. I sent them in already packed to make it easier to relay the message along...but just so it's noted what they are and that they contain additional data if anyone wants to get deeper into the wheel event processing.
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  15:44:03  Show Profile
Holy cow. That was fast. You're a genius. Almost that is. ;-)

It worked fine for a few minutes and then S+ crashed and it sent my mouse gliding helplessly and erratically over my screen. It still reacted to my input but very erratic and extremely laggy. I did not even manage to copy the crash message.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  15:50:40  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
No surprising. Dealing with so many wheel tick events in rapid succession is difficult.

For now, try scrolling slowly and see how it works. I know this will be somewhat difficult to execute in this fashion without a lot of fine tuning. Nearly all of the unpredictable/unstable issues always revolve around the mouse wheel event handling, in terms of firing of the threads into the Lua engine one after another.

See if you can find any pattern to the crashes.

Put this line at the top of your Global Lua for testing:

acSetKeyboardHook(0)

That will disable the S+ keyboard hook...which let's you more easily terminate S+ using keystrokes when it crashes as using the mouse becomes next to impossible.

Note that to reactivate the keyboard hook, you have to remove that line and restart S+.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  15:52:00  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Also, are you running 32 or 64-bit?
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  16:01:39  Show Profile
64-bit. Hasn't crashed again so far. After writing this I will scroll like mad - for testing purposes. ;)
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  16:07:31  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I bet it's happening in the ignore window check. Typically that block of code is not called so quickly, there's probably a contention issue. I'll have to add the control code there to prevent it from processing in parallel with the previous wheel event; basically force the wheel events to queue up there.

Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  16:09:02  Show Profile
So. That was easy to reproduce.

Here is what Windows had to say about the crash.

Why is my keyboard in English now. Z and Y are exchanged. Mhh. I better restart once again.

I did not understand your above statement why it is difficult to deal with so many wheel clicks.

And one other thing. Is there a way to make the tab switching non recursively. That way one can jump from one end to the other for example the last opened tab in a hurry.

Sorry for the German. I hope this helps.

Problemereignisname: APPCRASH
Anwendungsname: StrokesPlus.exe
Anwendungsversion: 2.7.9.0
Anwendungszeitstempel: 52e01e91
Fehlermodulname: StrokesPlus.dll
Fehlermodulversion: 2.7.9.0
Fehlermodulzeitstempel: 52e01e8e
Ausnahmecode: 40000015
Ausnahmeoffset: 0000000000135fed
Betriebsystemversion: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
Gebietsschema-ID: 1031
Zusatzinformation 1: 3514
Zusatzinformation 2: 3514cc324eb6e6cbdcbfbb40cf7ab279
Zusatzinformation 3: e990
Zusatzinformation 4: e990dbce12a2c767d5f26516169093ba
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  16:26:13  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Unfortunately, crash dumps mean nothing to me

S+ isn't like a newer .NET exe (for performance reasons), so crash dumps aren't really descriptive or helpful.

I mean that programmatically, dealing with many rapid wheel ticks is difficult because of the processing involved and the chance for race conditions to arise; A race condition is when two things are trying to run at the same time, they try to access the same code in memory, for example, and step on each other or interfere with the same code (though running in different threads).

It's very complicated to explain...and even more complicated to code for.

However, in an effort to determine the cause, can you try only scrolling slowly for a while and see if it still crashes? Meaning, wait for the previous tick's code to execute before scrolling another tick. This will help me to determine if it really is a race condition, or if there's something else going on.

On my system, I can scroll as fast as I want and it never crashes, so it will be difficult to isolate...and require you to do a lot of testing as I patch or build debug versions for you to run and report back the logs (hey, you signed up for this!)
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  16:27:52  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Also, if you don't have anything sensitive (like passwords) in your config, email me your StrokesPlus.xml file so I can see if it crashes with yours but not mine. Email is rob at strokesplus.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  16:29:50  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Oh, regarding your question about the tabs, unfortunately, S+ cannot look inside of Chrome (like a Chrome extension can), so unless you check out the Chrome code and figure out a way that a message or something can be relayed in, you're limited to things that you can do with a mouse or keyboard, if S+ weren't running.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  16:32:29  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Check out this post:

http://www.strokesplus.com/forum/topic/795/dyk-some-browser-functionalities

gopikrish2000 has come up with some powerful scripts for working with tabs.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  17:04:39  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Bah, I didn't add the Enter/LeaveCriticalSection calls in the wheel tick function; that pair of calls helps eliminate race conditions and I usually add it where it's needed, but I copy/pasted the function from the middle click function, which doesn't really suffer from this scenario.

Try 2.7.9.1 and let me know if it's any better.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  17:12:12  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I must say, I am really liking this functionality

I added Notepad++ to the check along with Chrome to change tabs there too if the mouse is in the top area...now I see why you wanted it so badly!
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  17:28:10  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I made a couple refinements to the script in this thread:

http://www.strokesplus.com/forum/topic/834/added-allow-mouse-wheel-tick-script

Most significantly is activating Chrome (or Notepad++) if the wheel is scrolled over them. Otherwise it will send the CTRL+TAB / CTRL+SHIFT+TAB keystrokes to the foreground window.
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  17:29:10  Show Profile
Hehe. Much obliged. After a few weeks you will not be able to live without it, I promise.

I will try the new version in a second.
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  17:39:15  Show Profile
Well. What can I say? PERFECT.

I can't get it to crash on no account.

So it seems mighty stable and fully functional. I very much like the force-to-foreground-functionality. Very good while working with two windows next to each other. Splendid indeed.

Thanks again for all you effort.

I have asked on the Chrome forums if there is a non-recursive shortcut.

Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  17:41:05  Show Profile
Ah. And I switched the back and forth motion in your script. You might want to try it that way. Perhaps it is just me, but it comes to me more naturally.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2014 :  18:00:49  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Yea, I just put something together quickly; the other way does seem more natural =)

You're welcome, glad I was able to put it together for you...and everyone else!
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  15:49:21  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I updated the script here to also check if the mouse is along the right edge of the window, if so, scroll up goes to top of page, scroll down goes to end.
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2014 :  15:57:16  Show Profile
Very innovative. Good one! Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2014 :  15:53:09  Show Profile
Rob? Did you put some auto-off-when-fullscreen functionality in place? Because I just started L4D2 and noticed that S+ was disabled and enabled itself when Chrome was in front again.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2014 :  16:35:32  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Uhh, nope. That may actually be a bug. Is it just the wheel that's working, or all gestures working?
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2014 :  18:19:07  Show Profile
What do mean by "working"?

If I enter L4D2 fullscreen and Alt-Tab to Windows I see that S+ shows a disabled sign for about 2 sec before it reenables itself.

It's like to fullscreen-auto-off mode we talked about.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2014 :  19:32:14  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Oh, no that's a feature which disables S+ and resizes the gesture draw window when a display change message is broadcast by Windows. This is likely happening when you Alt-Tab out because L4D2 is running in a resolution or color depth different than your desktop (or simply because it triggers the WM_DISPLAYCHANGE message).

The purpose of that functionality is so the draw window properly covers the entire screen. The reason for the delay is to ensure enough time has passed that the display change is complete.
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2014 :  03:54:39  Show Profile
I see. False alarm then. ;-) Thanks.

Btw I'm getting used to your new right side gesture. Great to jump to the end of lengthy threads in a forum. ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2014 :  04:21:13  Show Profile
Why is it starting in disabled mode when starting Windows? Is it just me? I can't find a setting to change that behaviour. Many thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2014 :  11:29:07  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I believe it's just you

As long as you exit S+ while it's enabled, it should start up enabled.
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2014 :  14:07:08  Show Profile
Well it doesn't. It is disabled every time I start my system anew. No matter what the state was before.

I have to click the icon every time.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2014 :  23:18:51  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
So if you manually exit S+ while it's enabled, and manually open S+, is it still disabled?
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2014 :  13:06:23  Show Profile
No it isn't.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2014 :  14:12:39  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Odd. Send me your StrokesPlus.xml file, that doesn't make any sense. rob at strokesplus.com.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2014 :  18:34:18  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
It starts up normal for me using your config.

Things that come to mind:

- Maybe there's a bug or something with the ignore code...you have BF4 set to disable S+ if it becomes active. Maybe something is fooling S+ (or S+ is fooling itself) to think BF4 is running? Try unchecking that option for BF4 (to disable S+) and see what happens.

- There's something in your Global Lua which is triggering the behavior (since you didn't send that file, I can't confirm).

- Your computer may also be possessed by an evil spirit, or perhaps is haunted by the ghost of Jeff Doozan.
Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2014 :  18:04:36  Show Profile
Mhh. I can rule out the evil spirit since I had the Computer exorzised just last year.

But I had the explorer.exe on the ignored list. For whatever reason ...

I guess that was the cause. :)
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2014 :  18:05:19  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Ah, that would do it!
Go to Top of Page

gopikrish2000

34 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2014 :  00:39:30  Show Profile
from last 3 days i am also facing this issue ( not a big one though) , on every startup S+ is showing as disabled ( its not disabled before shutting down ... ). This is happening only after i upgraded to 2.7.8.1 version ( in my previous version its working fine ).

One more thing i use signed 64 bit zip and keep the exe in Startup folder to start it automatically on windows startup.

Edited by - gopikrish2000 on 03/08/2014 00:42:41
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2014 :  12:15:03  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Interesting. I'll have to compare the code and see what may have introduced such an issue.
Go to Top of Page

jordis

2 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2014 :  14:26:10  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by gopikrish2000

from last 3 days i am also facing this issue ( not a big one though) , on every startup S+ is showing as disabled ( its not disabled before shutting down ... ). This is happening only after i upgraded to 2.7.8.1 version ( in my previous version its working fine ).

One more thing i use signed 64 bit zip and keep the exe in Startup folder to start it automatically on windows startup.

I am experiencing the same issue: StrokesPlus is disabled at startup (it's set to autostart with Windows).
Win 8.1 64b. S+ 2.8.2.0.
In my Ignored list there is "explorer.exe" as another user mentioned, but it's the default setting (class name=Shell_TrayWnd so that S+ does not trigger on Taskbar).

salut
jordi s

Go to Top of Page

Klugschwätzer

Germany
28 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2014 :  15:05:50  Show Profile
Hi Rob. It's me again. I'm still using StrokesPlus all the time and I sorely miss it when I'm on a computer where it is not installed. And I'm still thankful for the change tabs via mouse wheel function and I'm a convert to the jump to the top/bottom of a list function you introduced.

One thing bothers me though. Lately StrokesPlus gets deactivated in Chrome quite often and for no apparent reason, too. Is there a logfile or something where I can check what prompts this behaviour?!

Thanks

felix

PS: It is in "ignoring"-mode, not disabled

Edited by - Klugschwätzer on 11/27/2014 15:20:18
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000