General Discussion
 Touch pad integration
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gopikrish2000

34 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  03:40:04  Show Profile
I started using S+ with touchpad , its working fine but i have some confusion.
After changing few things the dropdown now showing ONLY 1 finger Tap and Hold ( but not 2 fingers , 3 fingers ).
Also even if i use two fingers ,still its working ( as if i pressed ONLY one finger tap n hold ) { not an issue for me }.

Is there a way to simulate middle click with some fingers ( touchpad doesn't have middle click , also i can keep some gesture n assign it but with some action like 3 fingers tap act as middle click will be good ) .

I compared my xml with the latest version's one , i'm pasting my touchpad xml
<SynapticFingers>1</SynapticFingers>
<DisableSynaptics>0</DisableSynaptics>
<SynapticsMovementSensitivity>5</SynapticsMovementSensitivity>
<TouchPadThresholdDelta>1</TouchPadThresholdDelta>
<TouchPadHoldThresholdDelta>10</TouchPadHoldThresholdDelta>
<TouchPadHoldDelay>100</TouchPadHoldDelay>
<UseTouchCustomCursor>0</UseTouchCustomCursor>
<TouchCustomCursor/>

Edited by - gopikrish2000 on 01/16/2014 03:44:19

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2014 :  08:53:22  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
The Stroke Sequence dropdown is populated when you load the Preferences window. So, if you had Disable Integration checked, then unchecked it, 2 and 3 fingers wouldn't be listed. But if you click OK and open Preferences again, they should show up. However, the dropdown is also controlled by what the Synaptics API reports back (number of fingers supported). First, I would simply close and restart S+ to see if that resolves it if re-opening the Preferences window doesn't fix it.

You can make a post to the Requests forum about the middle click functionality and I'll get to it when I have some free time.
Go to Top of Page

gopikrish2000

34 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2014 :  00:38:16  Show Profile
No matter even after restart also dropdown is coming with only 1 finger Hold and Tap ( not an issue as i'm currently using only 1 finger ).

Also is there a way that i could find whether gesture is done through mouse or Touchpad . Because a few long gestures i'm able to do easily with mouse are very difficult to do with Touchpad . So if present may be i will replace with few less used short gestures for touchpad .
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000