General Action Scripts
 Scrolling through open programs
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Viceroy

3 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2014 :  18:44:07  Show Profile
Hey there, I've just got a question about the "Scroll Through Open Programs" sample script, I'm wondering if there's a way to modify it so it scrolls through windows using the taskbar order, rather than the default windows z-order.

Even better, if possible, is there's a way to map ALT+Tab to the scroll wheel in such a way, that Right click + scroll would bring up and scroll through the Alt+Tab menu, and releasing the right click would select the highlighted entry? (basically release alt on mouse-up) Functionality would be similar to Opera's old right-click/scroll tabs menu if you're familiar with it at all.

Thanks for your help, and for the amazing program!

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 07/18/2014 :  21:42:27  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Once you invoke the alt+tab interface, S+ can't continue to capture anything, Windows pretty much overrides anything. And Z order is the only order I've ever find within Windows. If you come across anything else to achieve that, do let me know.
Go to Top of Page

Viceroy

3 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  21:09:53  Show Profile
Ah, that's too bad. Yeah the closest thing I've found is this AutoHotkey script that someone put together: http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/91577-taskbarnavigation-switch-windows-in-taskbar-order-alt-tab-replacement/

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work on my work PC for some reason. Not too sure how possible it would be to setup a similar implementation of that script in LUA though. Unfortunately I don't know the first thing about scripting, but I've managed well enough in S+ just by frankensteining together snippets of existing scripts with mixed success.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2014 :  23:17:08  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Looking at that AHK script, yea, that's about as close as I figured you could get. It should be possible to use leverage Alien and write a Lua script to do the same. I'll try to mess around with it when I get some time.
Go to Top of Page

Giusepppe

7 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2017 :  14:08:15  Show Profile
Hi, i was trying this script (which i copied it from http://www.strokesplus.com/scripts/26)

and it gives me this "Lua Script Error!"

[string "ActionScript"]:105: label 'top' already defined on line 64

How to debug this one?
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2017 :  14:24:13  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
That script is 3 different scripts. One goes in Global Lua, and the other 2 go into 2 different actions. One that goes forward, and one that goes backward.

::top:: being defined twice within the same script is not allowed.

Also, those scripts are kind of tricky and not always consistent due to the way apps are written and how Windows handles things. So you're likely to come across programs where it doesn't work properly. There is only so much I was able to do with the time I put into it; I finally decided it was good enough!
Go to Top of Page

Giusepppe

7 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2017 :  16:19:33  Show Profile
Okay, that was my bad. i'm a little bit new to this stuff. But i realized that;

These 2 actions "acPreviousApplication()" and "acNextApplication()" with using key modifiers Scroll Up and Scroll Down actually does the same if you select one single gesture for both of them. I think it's kind of same in practical use, or is it just me ?
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2017 :  16:21:32  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Pretty close to the same functionality, and honestly with the way they've changed Windows 10 from what it was in Windows 8, those functions may be completely fine.

I made those scripts partially as an advanced example, but also to handle some of the finer points of the way Windows 8 apps behaved.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000