My StrokesPlus is falling apart! help!!
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

beholder

60 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2014 :  13:36:29  Show Profile
Latest downloadable version.

it has previously happened only once or twice a month but now is happening pretty much regularly several times a day.

StrokesPlus stops reacting to gestures on some apps, it usually keeps working in another one. It's like gestures are turned completely OFF for those apps affected.
This MAY have something to do with video playing. Just now, as I started video playing in Opera 12, the cursor stopped disappearing (I have this Lua script for that in the Global Lua area). I immediately sensed something is not right and when I tried, Total Commander and Notepad++ was unresponsive. Opera and Windows desktop work with gestures. New apps work with them too.

Notepad++ just started working by itself -- dafuq? Total Commander still doesn't work with gestures. It's like as if it was configured not to have gestures at all. Cursor still not disappearing but it may be something with Lua and new version of StrokesPlus which I installed yesterday. Will check then add to this report in reply.

Restart of windows solves this. But I have already restarted my computer several times a day now.

I am a power user but still don't know where to start debugging, any suggestions?

beholder

60 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2014 :  13:38:21  Show Profile
Another thing to add is that the StrokesPlus or Total Commander don't work together even if I close them and restart them.
Go to Top of Page

beholder

60 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2014 :  13:43:29  Show Profile
problem was solved by starting OLD version of StrokesPlus, closing it down and then starting NEW version of StrokesPlus. Finally I am getting somewhere. Will report on developments later.

LUA problem with mouse cursor not disappearing was caused by new version not having the script in global LUA. It works now.
Go to Top of Page

beholder

60 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2014 :  21:20:50  Show Profile
happened again. Firefox with HMTL5 video worked with gestures. Total CMD didn't.

Closing TC didn't make it work again.
Closing StrokesPlus starting old version, closing old version, starting new StrokesPlus, working.
Weird huh?
Go to Top of Page

beholder

60 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2014 :  22:42:44  Show Profile
I am starting to think that this has something to do with faulty write into preferences file. After the last time of me switching to "old" SP and then to "new" SP, the new SP "forgot" firefox program filename. So no gestures worked there. But they worked in other programs.
When I restored the filename by writing it there, FF gestures worked but other programs stopped working with them.
Go to Top of Page

beholder

60 Posts

Posted - 10/27/2014 :  19:02:40  Show Profile
All problems fixed I think.

One of the main problems was the Total Commander not working with gestures. Seems like I didn't notice that S+ was not running the cert-ed admin mode which disabled gestrures in the admin-run TC. Fixed.

Next there was some kind of corruption in the main config xml file at AppData/roaming/StrokesPlus/ folder. Fixed as well. But the config file needed to be deleted also from the other folder at AppData, once I did that, it loaded a proper version of the file and all problems most probably disappeared.

So all is fixed, thanks for this software.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000