Option to run extra instances without asking
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

lyfo

2 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2018 :  15:21:03  Show Profile
Hello, Rob!
I'm very grateful for this software, it is totally amazing. Thank you very much for making it, and keeping it free!

My request is very small and simple. There is a little inconvenience when I'm running a second instance of StrokesPlus (I'm doing it all the time). It asks me if I want to run it, and it won't work until I click "yes".

So I wanted to ask can you add an option to bypass this question, so it just runs when I run it? I saw that the latest update was in 2016, so I'm expecting you to roll out a new release after my humble request. But maybe there is something that can be done about it? Thank you for your time, Rob!

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2018 :  07:14:55  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
If you open your StrokesPlus.xml file in notepad or something, search for "HideAdditionalInstanceMessage"

It will look like this:

<HideAdditionalInstanceMessage>0</HideAdditionalInstanceMessage>

Change the 0 to a 1:

<HideAdditionalInstanceMessage>1</HideAdditionalInstanceMessage>

That will suppress the message.
Go to Top of Page

Hard.Wired

84 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2019 :  09:43:28  Show Profile
What are the benefits of running more than one instance? Seems like there would be massive potential for conflicts. Very curious.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2019 :  09:48:08  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I think it's just people who want to have an extra stroke button, which is now built into StrokesPlus.net. But yes, not really the best scenario in regards to conflicts between the hooks.
Go to Top of Page

nober

29 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2019 :  02:58:40  Show Profile
Also modularity, extra engine(s). There's indeed (mouse) conflict between the hooks of S+ and S+, but not so S+ and S+NET (by setting cancel delay in S+ less than S+NET, and starting S+ after S+NET, drawing to trigger cancel in S+ would let S+NET sharing the same stroke button to kick in). I wish S+NET can run multiple instances too.
Go to Top of Page

lyfo

2 Posts

Posted - 02/18/2019 :  01:45:00  Show Profile
Thank you so much, Rob, it worked perfectly!
I had no idea you released a new version of StrokesPlus, these are fantastic news! Definitely going to try it out.

Hard.Wired,
when it comes to conflicts between instances, I haven't noticed any. I'm using one for FL Studio (drawing with the Middle mouse button), and another for everything else (drawing with the Right mouse button, FL Studio.exe is excluded). Working great so far. If you have any questions about setting it up, feel free to ask.

Edited by - lyfo on 02/18/2019 01:49:28
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000