General Discussion
 Windows foreground switching no longer working
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

luma

3 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2015 :  17:09:58  Show Profile
In the last week or so my Windows 8.1 system is having trouble bringing applications to the foreground while SP is enabled. If I have three windows open and visible, the active window will take input. If I click on another window, the new window becomes active for input, but won't come to the foreground in front of the previous window. So, it's foreground according to the taskbar and keyboard input, but the other window is still on top, and possibly covering up the foreground application.

This happens regardless of how I select the foreground app (click on window, alt-tab, or click the app in the taskbar). About half of the time the previous app stays on top no matter what until I manually minimize the previous app or switch between 3 or 4 other windows.

Disabling SP solves the problem immediately. As it is I just have to keep SP turned off, not being able to reliably switch between windows is and absolute deal breaker.

Jules

3 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2015 :  20:01:49  Show Profile
I successfully got round this by unchecking the Don't Hide Gesture Draw Window preference. The Keep Gesture Draw Window On Top preference must also be unchecked.

Before I discovered the above, one (rubbish) way I could get a newly selected window to come to the foreground would be to re-select the previous window then the new window for a second time.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000