Some strokes with sendkeys sometimes disabled
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

RebelBK

Ukraine
7 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2015 :  13:43:06  Show Profile
Sometimes my strokes with "acSendKeys("^w")" and "acSendKeys("%{F_4}")" just don't fire. After while they start to work normally again. I'm even can't say what it is connected.

Help me please to fix this issue.

RebelBK

Ukraine
7 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2015 :  15:18:21  Show Profile
Is there anybody else? Hey, somebody. Guys, are you there?
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2015 :  13:32:20  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Unfortunately, there's no easy way to troubleshoot that remotely. I don't have the issue, nor have I heard other reports of it. There are dozens of reasons why you could be experiencing that, making it difficult to assist. If you can provide specific steps to reproduce the issue, that would be a start...but it sounds like it's random.
Go to Top of Page

RebelBK

Ukraine
7 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2015 :  15:34:12  Show Profile
Which specific data do you mean? This bug appears in explorer, chrome, photoshop, firefox and other apps, which can be closed with Ctrl+W shortcut. I can provide any specfic data you need.
Go to Top of Page

RebelBK

Ukraine
7 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2015 :  15:38:33  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Rob

Unfortunately, there's no easy way to troubleshoot that remotely. I don't have the issue, nor have I heard other reports of it. There are dozens of reasons why you could be experiencing that, making it difficult to assist. If you can provide specific steps to reproduce the issue, that would be a start...but it sounds like it's random.

Also i have problems with "acSendKeys("+^t")" stroke... But i never have problems with strokes assigned to "acSendKeys("^{TAB}")", "acSendKeys("^{TAB}")", "acMinimizeWindow(nil, gsx, gsy" or "acMaximizeWindow(nil, gsx, gsy)". This strokes always work without any problems. But "acSendKeys("^w")" and "acSendKeys("+^t")" strokes sometimes just don't fire.
Go to Top of Page

RebelBK

Ukraine
7 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2015 :  03:39:56  Show Profile
Can anyone help me with this issue? I have fresh-installed win 10 and i have exact same issue with "acSendKeys("^w")" stroke. Have anyone any idea how to fix it?
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2015 :  08:01:43  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Fresh install meaning you installed Windows 10 from scratch, not an upgrade? Also, have you tried saving off your StrokesPlus.xml and StrokesPlus.lua and installing S+ fresh?

I haven't heard any other reports of this, nor do I have the issue on Win10.

You could also try something like this, to see if it's some kind of timing issue:
acSendControlDown()
acDelay(40)
acSendKeys("w")
acDelay(40)
acSendControlUp()
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2015 :  08:03:04  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Maybe even put an acDelay(50) at the top of the script, in case there's something with the S+ draw window not getting out of the way fast enough on your system or something.
Go to Top of Page

RebelBK

Ukraine
7 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2015 :  02:25:25  Show Profile
Thanks guys for help! But this adwises didn't work(((. Also i noticed that when "acSendKeys("^w")" stopped to work in the same time "acSendKeys("^+t")" stroke stopped to work also. But as always "acSendKeys("^{TAB}")" and "acSendKeys("^+{TAB}")" strokes work without any problems all the time. Even when "^w" stroke refuse to work.

Maybe it's because of my hardware?
Cpu: AMD FX-8120
Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth 990FX
Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR3
SSD: Kingston SVP200S
HDD: WD 1000gb Blue

Edited by - RebelBK on 08/06/2015 02:28:40
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2015 :  17:18:28  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Maybe you have a stuck alt or shift key; I've had that happen many times across my 20+ years of computing.

The next time it happens, quickly tap all CTRL, ALT and SHIFT keys on your keyboard, then try the gestures again.
Go to Top of Page

RebelBK

Ukraine
7 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2015 :  07:04:39  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Rob

Maybe you have a stuck alt or shift key; I've had that happen many times across my 20+ years of computing.

The next time it happens, quickly tap all CTRL, ALT and SHIFT keys on your keyboard, then try the gestures again.

I think you right, but it doesn't help. Don't know why. In photoshop for example i have the same problem with shift stucking and tapping of Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Win+rShift rectify the situation but with S+ it doesn't help.

So for 20+ years of computing you still don't know why this shift issue happens again and again? Maybe it because of keyboard or CPU?
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2015 :  08:56:03  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I have no clue. I wish I could help you more, but if I cannot reproduce the issue, I'd just be shooting in the dark; and nothing has come to mind yet beyond a keyboard issue or some other program interfering.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000