General Action Scripts
 visual feedback when performing actions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tr4np

7 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2015 :  11:50:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It would be great if some visual notification was available (as an option per action, possibly) to show a little popup notification somewhere (e.g. by the tray icon) when certain actions are performed. I realize this would be unnecessary for certain actions like closing/minimizing windows, where it's obvious that the action was performed. However, it would be very useful to confirm that my Clipboard Copy action was performed, for example.

I tried using the Copy and Paste gestures, and when it fails, I don't know if I failed to perform the Copy or Paste gesture. One case is that the Copy failed and I pasted a blank string. The other case is that the Paste failed. I don't know which it is, so I end up doing both again. Having a visual notification would be extremely useful in this situation.

Rob

USA
2538 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2015 :  20:50:01  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, you could enable the Allow After Action Script preference and use this in your Global Lua:
function sp_after_action(gnm, gsx, gsy, gex, gey, gwd, gapp, gact, gbl, gbt, gbr, gbb)
	acDisplayBalloonTip(gact, gnm, 1) --displays a balloon tip with an info icon
end
This would show the baloon tip near your taskbar clock every time you executed a gesture.

Or just use the acDisplayBaloonTip action in specific actions.

If you go the global route, my example above is the whole function, by default, the Global Lua already has this defined:
function sp_after_action(gnm, gsx, gsy, gex, gey, gwd, gapp, gact, gbl, gbt, gbr, gbb)

end
So you only would need to add the acDisplayBaloonTip code inside.
Go to Top of Page

tr4np

7 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2015 :  20:56:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cool! I didn't know about acDisplayBalloonTip(). It works great!

Thanks,
Phong
Go to Top of Page

spcom

11 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2016 :  05:23:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is it possible to display the balloontip while performing the action not after? (like in firegestures for firefox)
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2538 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2016 :  07:37:52  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's something I will be adding in the new version of S+
Go to Top of Page

spcom

11 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2016 :  09:53:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
thats very good to hear/read
then i will wait patiently :)

thank you
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly