virtual desktop win 10
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chagui

14 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2015 :  16:53:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

im so mew..is this possible to switch between virtualdesktop like 'next or precedent' , the same like back and next in browser navigation but for virtual desktop would be awesome , any tips ?!

regards
bob

Rob

USA
2516 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2015 :  21:31:46  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Desktop to the Left
acSendKeys("^@{LEFT}")

Desktop to the Right
acSendKeys("^@{RIGHT}")
Go to Top of Page

chagui

14 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2015 :  05:44:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
awesome ! ur soft is fantastic Rob , donate made !
Go to Top of Page

DerGolo

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2016 :  11:30:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dear Rob,

I use S+ to send windows to another monitor (acSendWindowToNextMonitor) or to switch between virtual desktops as you described in your last post.

What I am searching for now, is to send a window to another virtual desktop. Is there any way to achieve this by shortcut/script?

Thanks a lot,
Golo
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2516 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2016 :  15:25:26  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
From some brief Google searches, it doesn't appear that Microsoft gave us an easy way to do that which isn't through the GUI. Like a shortcut key or sequence.

However, there is an API to access and manage the virtual desktops and applications within them, but it's nothing I've integrated into S+ as of yet. But check out this thread, it looks like someone made a program which lets you assign a keyboard shortcut to move a window to another desktop; you might be able to configure it, then have a gesture that fires the shortcut combination from S+:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31801402/api-for-windows-10-virtual-desktops

When I get some time, I'll look into adding some of those calls into S+ actions.
Go to Top of Page

DerGolo

Germany
10 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2016 :  16:09:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello Rob,

thanks for your hint! I have tried out the app from the japanese guy and it works great. If you will find some time to include the function in S+, I think this will be an interesting feature to many users. Shall I open up a feature request?

Bye,
Golo
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2516 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2016 :  16:21:57  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sure, may as well have it tracked as a request!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000