Unable to load config file in new OS
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

chandisciple

75 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2015 :  08:43:59  Show Profile
Hey Guys,

Hope you all are doing great and still exploiting Strokesplus.

Please can someone help me with the issue i am facing. I did a fresh installation of my OS and i made sure i copied all files from app data>roaming>strokesplus.

I pasted the folder in the new os after installing strokesplus but strokesplus does not seem to take any configuration. It still has the same defualt config.

I have more than one copy of strokesplus.xml file, still i am not able to update the current configuration.

I have too much of customization and cannot recreate all :(

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2015 :  09:01:01  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Just run Process Monitor, filter on only strokesplus.exe, then start S+ and see where it's reading the file from. There are a few different reasons it could happen, like if you didn't install S+ to the standard Program Files directory (which I recommend for increased S+ privileges in Windows), for example. But Process Monitor will show you exactly where S+ is reading the file from.
Go to Top of Page

chandisciple

75 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2015 :  05:15:03  Show Profile
Yes rob, you said it right.
I installed it in a different path .

Now i installed back to program files and then copied the xml file. I see some of my configs but most of the functions are merged or mixed but doesn't seem to be right.

also it doesnt auto start all time .

Can you help me with this too please ?
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2015 :  10:15:54  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
My recommendation would be to uninstall S+ and remove all related S+ files from the computer. Then reinstall, close S+, replace the files with your original ones, then open S+.

When installing, leave the default directory (Program Files) and used the signed installer, that will allow automatic startup and the ability to interact with admin/unversal apps without issue.

Go to Top of Page

chandisciple

75 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2015 :  04:03:53  Show Profile
Will try and update you ROB. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

chandisciple

75 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2015 :  11:22:39  Show Profile
I tried it . Its better but still there are too many merge thats happening. Strange guess its one odd issue . I will reconfigure all no issues . I can revert back to win7 for strokesplus :)

while re-configuring i am not able to use this acSendKeys("%+{TAB}") to get me the application cycle window what i get when i press alt+shift+tab. I enabled "allow after release script" still it does not do anything at all !any idea ?

by the way i did notice this issue fixed @ http://www.strokesplus.com/forum/topic/615/cycle-through-programs but i am still facing it :(

I tried http://www.keyboardtester.com/ it shows that my symbol executes RightShift+Lshift+rightAlt+Lalt+tab !!!how do i correct this?

Seems like actions that has alt OR shift does not work , i have acSendKeys("^+{TAB}") for chrome to go to previous tab and even that does not work !

Edited by - chandisciple on 08/20/2015 11:30:17
Go to Top of Page

chandisciple

75 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2015 :  11:35:36  Show Profile
FIxed it at last.

Got symantec Antivirus removed. it made my system faster too . Thanks Rob.

Hopefully one last question :
I am trying to launch the screen of"switch program" what we get holding ALT+TAB (and not releasing) .

i am stuck with this which is not helping at all.can you please guide me to get the switch program window so that i can choose program from my mouse click ?
step1: acSendKeys("%{TAB}")
step2: acSendAltDown()
step3: on mouse click acSendAltUp.

Thanks and sorry for troubling you to fix such small issues .

thanks
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 08/23/2015 :  18:09:23  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Once Windows intercepts Alt+Tab, it takes over the mouse and keyboard; so there's no way to truly have S+ do this as you'd expect.
Go to Top of Page

chandisciple

75 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2015 :  02:26:37  Show Profile
Ok ROb.

THanks for the answer
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page