nicoamel

France
3 Posts

Posted - 10/25/2015 :  18:39:01  Show Profile
Hello

I'm beginning to use S+ with Notion5

1/ When I want to enter one note. Notion often create 2 or 3 notes
Have you got any idea ?

2/ If a select a note and want to make a gesture, for example, to erase it or change the note type, i lost the selection. How can I do ?

Best regards

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 10/26/2015 :  21:45:28  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
You and Emilio may be the only people who use Notion with S+ (that I'm aware of, anyway!), so unfortunately I am unable to help with something so specific to Notion itself.

However, I do not feel that it is polite for me to message Emilio each time someone has a question about Notion. I am sure he would be willing to help sometimes, but he is just a regular S+ user like yourself and should not be burdened with supporting my users, if that makes sense.

Let's hope he comes along at some point and reads your post. In the interim, I can try to help if I can, but you'll have to explain in depth the exact key/mouse sequence(s) you're trying to accomplish, your script(s), and what is happening. Also, you may try to perform the gestures in Notepad (or something) to see what keystrokes are being sent for your gestures, if that would help to understand what it is that Notion is picking up.
Go to Top of Page

Mertsch

9 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2015 :  06:08:13  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Rob

However, I do not feel that it is polite for me to message Emilio each time someone has a question about Notion. I am sure he would be willing to help sometimes, but he is just a regular S+ user like yourself and should not be burdened with supporting my users, if that makes sense.

Wow Rob, you are really a good person. Just wanted to say that ...
Go to Top of Page

elerouxx

Brazil
40 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2016 :  08:30:52  Show Profile  Visit elerouxx's Homepage
OMG I'm late!

Sorry, I have not been paying attention to the forums lately. I'm a big fan of S+ but also there is a lot of things happening. Now that I took a tour I saw this thread, and also learned that Rob is working on an exciting rewrite of the application.

About Notion.
Which version of Notion are you using?

Notion 5 has issues with the pen that don't have to do with S+. It does double clicks indeed, causing it to add double notes. You might try to get Version 4.0.325, which is the latest Notion build that worked properly with a pen.

They eventually might come with a fix for Notion 5 or maybe Notion 6, but then it seems Windows 10 has changed/added classes and methods to interact with touch and pen that are beyond reading a mouse's buttons up or down.

Go to Top of Page

Turbob

1 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2016 :  05:07:16  Show Profile
Hello, I'm new to strokes plus and I try to make a configuration for notion 6.
Not very ambitious, juste convert all the shortcuts into strokes plus gesture in order to enter partition just with a graphic tablett.

Every things's fine expect when I try to activate some keys like VK_ESCAPE or VK_DELETE...
For the moment I've assigned buttons from my tablet to this functions but I need another VK keys in order to continue.

Here is my code: acSendKeys("{DELAY=50}VK_DELETE") or acSendKeys("{DELAY=50}{VK_ESCAPE}")
this do several action in notion, the same for both action I think it take the V and K for shortcuts...
I have tried acSendKeys("{DELAY=50}{VK_DELETE}") also, but it does nothing.

I am a little bit familiar with programing but I don't know much...

Could you help me? This is not just for notion, I haven't found information about how to use VK keys.
I'm on windows 10 and Notion is run with administrator privilege.
Go to Top of Page

elerouxx

Brazil
40 Posts

Posted - 01/22/2017 :  11:54:18  Show Profile  Visit elerouxx's Homepage
Hey! sorry, I haven't been around this forum for some months.

I stopped using S+ with Notion because I could not use the gestures AND remove the simultaneous interaction of the pen with the surface - meaning, while I can draw the gestures, that doesn't prevent the pen to click, drag and modify the underneath document.

The guys at Notion seem to have a bit of a hard time trying to keep it along the changes Microsoft did to the way pen/touch/mouse events work, along windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10... and they of course have more important priorities than making Notion work flawlessly with S+ and a Surface - this is just so specific, I think i'm about the only user with this configuration :D

Anyway, wish you best luck. If you go into a specific doubt maybe I can help you.
Go to Top of Page

elerouxx

Brazil
40 Posts

Posted - 03/05/2017 :  21:03:11  Show Profile  Visit elerouxx's Homepage
Good news is, in Notion 6 it's possible to use Strokes Plus again! if using with RIGHT button! (using the pen barrel button). I'm just editing the scripts again.
Go to Top of Page

alber

Spain
1 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2017 :  12:54:55  Show Profile
@elerouxx, I'm not able to find the scripts anywhere, did you publish them somewhere for Notion 6? Those scripts will save lots of work! (I'm not sure if they are publicly available though)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000