General Discussion
 Mouse Wheel Scroll misses ticks
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Igor Nichols

7 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2016 :  21:41:17  Show Profile
I use the Fire Recognition on Mouse Wheel Scroll feature to change the sound volume. For example scrolling down will send
acSendKeys("{VOLDOWN}")
acSendKeys("{VOLDOWN}")

But when I scroll rapidly it seems that some ticks are missed. The volume changes only slightly compared to when I scroll slowly. Why? How can I fix this?

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2016 :  09:35:07  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
This is due to each tick firing on its own thread, and there are only 2 Lua engine instances in S+. S+ alternates between whichever engine isn't currently executing a script, but if both are, it discards the action.

This is something which could be improved upon within S+, but it's that way for a reason as it is now to ensure stability (prevent crashes).

The way S+ operates internally, this is definitely a limitation as there's no queue to load actions into for processing. However, that is certainly something I will consider in the future, though it will be rather complicated and may not happen soon.
Go to Top of Page

Igor Nichols

7 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2016 :  16:33:25  Show Profile
OK, Thanks for the explanation.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2016 :  22:46:26  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Updated in 2.8.6.3 to no longer discard mouse wheel gesture events if both Lua states are in use. Now it just queues the other wheel ticks, waiting for the previous ones to finish.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000