New Bugs
 Cursor size change on disable/enable
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eugenesv

8 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2016 :  15:12:38  Show Profile
Whenever I disable/reenable the app (by clicking on the tray icon) my mouse cursor size changes to ~30% of it's normal size. To get it back to normal I have to open mouse settings, change mouse scheme to any but current, apply, then change it back to my current scheme.
No idea why S+ would do that to me

Win x64 10.0.10586
Version 2.8.6.4

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2016 :  15:16:57  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Maybe it doesn't like you? Just kidding, that's odd but I'm guessing it has to do with the code that supports hiding the mouse cursor and/or detecting the cursor type. I pull in each of the 13 cursor types into an array for masking and changing. It's probably doing something to reset the cursor which is causing your custom size to be overwritten. I'll add it to the list of things to check out.
Go to Top of Page

eugenesv

8 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2016 :  15:32:34  Show Profile
It's not supposed to not like me yet — we've just met ;)

Just a thought — maybe it doesn't recognize that I have 200% text magnification in Windows to have text/icons display in a legible manner? And S+ pulls in the original size of the mouse cursors?

Edited by - eugenesv on 04/19/2016 15:33:23
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2016 :  15:47:10  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
It's because on unloading the mouse hook, S+ is calling SystemParametersInfo, passing in SPI_SETCURSORS, which reloads the system cursors. It's only making that call because if someone has hidden the mouse cursor via S+, they wouldn't be able to see a mouse cursor at all even after exiting S+.

It's probably overkill to call that regardless of if the mouse cursor was actually hidden or not, but there's no current way for you to avoid it at the moment. I'd have to update the code and push a release. I'll try to find some time to update it.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2016 :  15:55:20  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
It also calls that on acShowMouseCursor. That really needs to be rewritten to store the actual cursors in memory and reset them back to their originals, so it's a little more complicated than I thought.. :/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000