Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 General Discussion
 Activate without StrokeButton release (exception)
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eugenesv

8 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2016 :  12:16:42  Show Profile
I was testing a very useful "open link new tab" default script (which allows you to open a link in the background with a simple StrokesButton+LeftClick and it seemd to not work all the time until I realized that it activates after you release StrokesButton (this was obvious to me that it's how it works with gestures, but somehow I didn't expect it for simple no-gesture operations).
So, the proper sequence is StrokesButtonDown - LeftClickDown - StrokesButtonUp (LeftClickUp doesn't matter)

I'm just wondering — is it possible to somehow fire an action without waiting for StrokesButton release?
I understand that as a universal option this is a bad idea (since e.g. Left-Up gesture will override Left-Up-Down gesture), but just curious if there is an exception I could add to a limited set of such short sequences like this one, where only one button is needed and I know that I'm not using that button as part of another sequence elsewhere?
(if not, not even sure it's worth adding this feature as its use is likely limited to very few shortcuts)

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2016 :  18:36:19  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
The new version I'm working on will support true rocker gestures, which this would kind of fall into. Meaning you wouldn't have to release the stroke button, like you could hold the right button and click the left button over and over and each time the action would execute.
Go to Top of Page

eugenesv

8 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2016 :  21:45:41  Show Profile
Ok, thanks. Start liking this new version more and more, it seems to have all the things I'm missing in the current version :)
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2016 :  21:46:46  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Yea, it's been LONG overdue!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page