General Action Scripts
 What programming language to learn & what tools
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

renerelire

3 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2016 :  12:33:45  Show Profile
Hi everyone ! I'm new here and I just discovered this software witch I like very much. This is going to change and improve my efficiency at the computer. I would have liked to know this program a long time ago.

I'd like tu invest some time in understanding it better and learn some scripting. While my English is very poor I might ask questions that may seems obvious to other. I did a long time ago few HTML and PHP on my computer.

My questions:
Is the programming language is Lua, luascript, actions script?
What and where should I learn about this programming language?
Is there a software I could use to help me to program and test my scripts for after copying them in StrokesPlus? Like a software who makes suggestions when you start typing and that contains some already done code that I could insert in my coding. In PHP, I had to install a software like eazyphp and work my code in an editor.

Have a good day!

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2016 :  18:10:36  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
The programming language is Lua, though the action functions which begin with "ac" (for example, acSendKeys) are functions that I've written inside S+ and expose to the Lua engine. So, you won't find any references to those functions anywhere outside of StrokesPlus.

There are a lot of ways you can learn and practice Lua, though I must say that I haven't personally used any. Start here: http://lua-users.org/wiki/LuaIntegratedDevelopmentEnvironments

There's also an online Lua tutorial and environment here, along with a good amount of topics relating to learning Lua: http://www.tutorialspoint.com/lua/lua_environment.htm

Note that the new version of S+ I'm working on will use JavaScript instead of Lua, but learning any kind of programming in any language easily translates to other languages, it's mostly just different syntax!
Go to Top of Page

renerelire

3 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2016 :  21:40:22  Show Profile
Thanks for you answer. I understand now why some S+ codes didn't work on one Lua testing web site. I will start by reading the StrokesPlus Overview and Help and the General Action Scripts forum sections and so on.

Once again, I appreciate so much your software...
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000