General Discussion
 Second ignore key
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

eugenesv

8 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2016 :  16:59:38  Show Profile
Is it possible to allow TWO ignore keys instead of just one? It's just that for some apps I need to use e.g. Alt+RightMouseButton, so I've set Alt to be the ignore key; yet, for other apps, I need to use Shift+RMB, but then can't do that since Shift doesn't disable Strokes+
I know I can use a shortcut to disable Strokes+, but it's rather inconvenient.
Thank you

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 11/27/2016 :  20:21:07  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Ack! Your post notification email went to my Spam folder, which usually doesn't happen.

Anyway, the short answer is unfortunately not.

The only alternative I can think of that will work right now is to have two different config files, which is rather annoying, yes, but technically possible anyway.

See here: http://www.strokesplus.com/forum/topic/634/switch-s-config-files

So you could first make a gesture or hotkey that executes a script like the one in the post.
Then copy your config, then open Preferences and change the ignore key and click OK to save. Then you have a config file which are the same, except for the ignore key.

Then when you fire the gesture or hotkey, it would switch configs. Is it ideal? Not really, but it's all I have at the moment. The big downside is that any changes to settings, actions, gestures, would need to be made in both configs, to keep them in sync. though I suppose you would really only have to worry about changes that affected the config you used in that one program.

Ideally, I'd have a hook that fired when you changed applications, that could check the window and then another function which would allow you to change the ignore key, like acSetIgnoreKey or something. That, or be able to specify different ignore or even capture (stroke button down) buttons on a per app level.

These are things I'll make sure are built into the new version I'm ever so slowly working on (life seems to always get in the way!).
Go to Top of Page

eugenesv

8 Posts

Posted - 11/30/2016 :  15:05:32  Show Profile
Ok, thanks for the tip, it's more convenient than the disable shortcut (since you have to click on the tray icon to re-enable the app).
Hopefully the new version isn't that far on the horizon!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000