General Discussion
 Autohotkey mouse shortcuts not working with S+
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

red33ed

4 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2017 :  08:50:29  Show Profile
I have a few shotcuts on my mouse via autohotkey - XButtons and mousewheel combinations and they don't work when StrokesPlus is active. Is there a way i can get them to work together?

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2017 :  09:01:39  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Can you give me some specifics on the shortcuts? Meaning, exactly in what sequence you press the buttons/wheel, etc, so I can understand where the interference could be.
Go to Top of Page

red33ed

4 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2017 :  18:50:21  Show Profile
Here's an example:
XButton1 down, mousewheel up (sends Home key), XButton1 up

In Autohotkey:
XButton1 & WheelUp::Send {Home}
Go to Top of Page

Noesis

25 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2017 :  01:33:52  Show Profile
I use SP and AHK together quite successfully, but there are a few things to be aware of.

For example your stroke button (normally RMB) isn't reliably seen by AHK until SP is done with it. So if you are using XB1 as your stroke button then the code you posted won't work (until SP times out on the stroke button) but other buttons can.

Secondly you'll likely get inconsistent results if any gestures in SP using say XB1/WheelUp are set to fire their gestures when the buttons are pressed on stroke button capture (the either option in this area can also do this.) You should use the AFTER capture option for consistent results.

Thirdly the custom mouse button functions within the global area of SP can interfere with AHK so best not to use them with buttons you intend to use with both apps.

Finally with your AHK code do you also have a hotkey for XButton1 or XButton1 Up on it's own ? you could try adding the following lines before the above hotkey, as sometimes I've found AHK does strange things if you don't explicitly tell it what to do with the first part of dual button hotkeys.
XButton1:: Return
XButton1 Up:: Send {XButton1}
Go to Top of Page

red33ed

4 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2017 :  06:16:41  Show Profile
Thanks for the reply, Noesis
Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm using RMB as my stroke button.
Tried disabling all the gestures with Xbuttons an mousewheel and got no results.
Also I tried a few variations of my AHK script (including your suggestion) and got nothing either.
Go to Top of Page

Noesis

25 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2017 :  01:57:33  Show Profile
Strange, The AHK script still works when SP is disabled ? - BTW, I didn't mean to disable the gestures entirely there is a setting in SP Prefreneces "Capture Modifiers on Stroke Button Down*" which I have enabled, it opens up settings on each gesture (Modifier Check in the Configure Actions tab) to allow defining when each gesture should fire. That Modifier check should always be "After Stroke Button Down". I have a gut feeling that this has to be this way (gut feeling being I can't remember 100% but I'm like 90% sure this makes a difference compared to not having the "Modifier Check" options enabled at all.)

Also in Prefrences "Enable Mouse Wheel Relay*" must be off, This one definitely makes a difference with regards to any wheel related action in AHK. FYI other Wheel settings not sure if it makes a difference, "Fire Recognition on Mouse Wheel Scroll*", I have as On.

Finally with regards to AHK again, have you tried running the script as admin, Not sure if it's necessary but my main ahk script (which includes exactly the same hotkey combo but different function for it) is one that always runs as admin, so it could also be that.
Go to Top of Page

red33ed

4 Posts

Posted - 07/21/2017 :  13:50:41  Show Profile
It was "Enable Mouse Wheel Relay*" :), thank you very much for your help.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000