New Bugs
 S+ wont run under admin account - win10 1703
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

todd

4 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2017 :  16:49:34  Show Profile
Hi there. I made the mistake and let Windows update automatically and it went to the Creators update (1703, Version 10.0.15063). When it was done updating I could no longer log into my user profile and had to reinstall... It wasn't a format though so it just removed all my programs etc. Still took a full day to get back to regular usability.

At first things were fine but as more programs were installed functionality started to get weird. I will spare you those details. Tried stuff but no dice so as a workaround/troubleshooting, I've enabled the Administrator account and when I log into this account, my main pain points are gone and so far things have been running normally. S+ is the first app so far that isn't working. It was/is running mostly normal on my other profile though. (I say mostly because it was interacting with difficulty with some apps, but I didn't try work out the config kinks very much with other fish to fry..).

I tried uninstalling S+, deleting the program files directory and reinstalling, and when I launch the app, it doesn't show up. It does show up in the task manager processes and I have to end task it. UAC is disabled, by the way.

Thanks,
Todd

todd

4 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2017 :  17:08:44  Show Profile
Update. It is now in the tray after reboot but still not working under the admin profile. I got the message about not requiring Admin privileges to run and the other message about UAC (which is disabled). I installed strokesplussetup_2.8.6.4_x64_signed.
Go to Top of Page

todd

4 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2017 :  17:18:18  Show Profile
Now looking at S+ it seems there are no actions. Doesn't it normally come with default actions (like forward and back, which are the main ones I use)?
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2017 :  17:39:11  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Yes, it's likely that something is jacked up. Try downloading the portable ZIP for the missing or corrupt files. It sounds like your config is empty or something. I'm on my phone so I can't get you the info, but search the forum for appdata or userdata for a post that has the rules governing how and where S+ attempts to load the config.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000