Closed or Unreproducable Bugs
 Shift + Right Click not working
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

reisub

3 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2017 :  13:14:11  Show Profile
In the Windows explorer, this shortcut show the expanded contextual menu, which includes options like "Open a command prompt here" or "Copy as path" if a file is selected.

It is also blocking shortcuts configured in AutoHotkey which involve the mouse wheel (e.g. Win Key+Wheel Up/Down, ...) but not always.

The shortcuts works when the ignore key is pressed. Would it be possible to simply not block non gestures?

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2017 :  17:10:34  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Unfortunately, Shift can be a modifier for actions (I have several), so Shift+Right-Click is intercepted by S+ by design. I also have a few actions which only use key and mouse combinations, no gestures; so again, there would be no way to distinguish the intent of the user.

The basic workaround (short of changing your Stroke button), is to right-click and hold the button down for whatever your Cancel Delay is set to (e.g. 500ms), then while still holding the right-button down, press Shift and release the right-button, this will pop up the context menu as expected.
Go to Top of Page

reisub

3 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2017 :  22:50:30  Show Profile
Another alternative, would it be possible to define multiple ignore keys? (ideally for me shift, alt, ctrl and win)

EDIT: a workaroud for AHK is simply to force an AHK reload on S+ initialization e.g. by sending a special shortcut.
EDIT2: in fact it only works for a while (10 minutes?)

Edited by - reisub on 10/03/2017 00:57:45
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2017 :  09:08:49  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
If you simply don't need to have S+ intercept any keys, you can add this to your Global Lua tab:

acSetKeyboardHook(0)

It disables the keyboard hook entirely, so even the ignore key won't be recognized, but no keystrokes will be interfered with by S+. It may or may not take care of your needs properly, but figured I'd mention it just in case.

Note that hotkeys still work, since those are registered with Windows and sent as messages to S+.
Go to Top of Page

reisub

3 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2017 :  11:55:57  Show Profile
I finally got it working as I wanted.

I added explorer.exe folders window to the list of exceptions to allow me to use right click selection, right click drag&drop and the expanded contextual menu.

And I added a shortcut Win + None with acDisableNext() which allows me to use Win + Mouse Wheel shortcuts in AHK.

I have tried acSetKeyboardHook(0) but it still captures the mousewheel even after I disabled "Fire recognition on mouse wheel scroll" and "Capture modifiers on stroke button down". But the most important is that it works now as I want it to.

Thank you for the support and for your great software.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2017 :  12:20:30  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Yeah, the mouse wheel is a mouse event, so it would be intercepted by S+.

Glad to hear that you at least got it setup in a way that works for you. It's difficult to make something that satisfies every situation, but I tried to give a great deal of ability to tweak for most scenarios, but it requires the user to figure it out :P
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000