Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bug and Issues
 New Bugs
 Strokesplus Conflict with X-Mouse Button Control?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

weebee

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2017 :  10:41:34  Show Profile  Send weebee an AOL message
Does anyone use strokesplus along with XMouse Button Control? Do you experience conflicts? I noticed that for gestures involving mouse button 4 and 5, my computer often freezes while I have both XMBC and strokesplus enabled. Anyone else experience this? Any tips or tricks to prevent this issue from occurring? I really want to know because both apps are very good at what they do and I would like to keep using both of them; but as it stands, it's hard to keep both of them running at the same time.

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2017 :  10:46:01  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I'm not familiar with XMouse Button Control, but I imagine it's using a low-level mouse hook or something, and there is likely a conflict between them somewhere. Running two applications which are trying to catch low-level mouse events is probably prone to issues like this. Obviously I don't have the source code for XMouse, so I can't really troubleshoot the issue.
Go to Top of Page

weebee

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2017 :  11:17:22  Show Profile  Send weebee an AOL message
Okay. Thanks.
quote:
Originally posted by Rob

I'm not familiar with XMouse Button Control, but I imagine it's using a low-level mouse hook or something, and there is likely a conflict between them somewhere. Running two applications which are trying to catch low-level mouse events is probably prone to issues like this. Obviously I don't have the source code for XMouse, so I can't really troubleshoot the issue.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000