Win 10 Tablet Pen & Touch support
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author  Topic Next Topic  

theguyjmp

4 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  07:59:58  Show Profile  Visit theguyjmp's Homepage
This software is fantastic. Thank you!

One of the recent updates no longer allows the Wacom Ink pen or HP pen to work with this software. The pen does not currently support right click and drag at the same time... I'm working on having windows fix this, but in the mean time, any suggestions on how to get this to work again with my pen?

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  08:14:59  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I got a Wacom Intuous, now I never used tablets before, so I have no idea how things generally/used to work.

But to make it work for me as is, I had to assign a button to change modes, from tablet to mouse, then the button to right-click acted as a right down (and hold) and I could draw a gesture and release the pen button.

I'm still looking into better pen integration in the new version of S+, but touch/pen stuff will be a little down the road after the core foundation of the rewrite has been thoroughly tested and stable. Working with Pen and Touch are a completely different beast and I don't want to do anything to interfere with how they work normally, which is the challenging part.

From what I've gathered, S+ has to be the single window which receives all touch and/or pen input, then is responsible for relaying every event if S+ isn't using it. So I have to be very careful to ensure I don't negatively impact things, especially when people have different screen resolutions/DPI settings/different DPI per monitor/etc. So it will be quite an undertaking in terms of ensuring compatibility.
Go to Top of Page

theguyjmp

4 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  14:22:54  Show Profile  Visit theguyjmp's Homepage
Windows should have a fix for these drivers soon. There are multiple problems with the pen at the moment, NOT a replace for the mouse.

I completely understand. Keep up the excellent work!
Go to Top of Page

theguyjmp

4 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  20:00:29  Show Profile  Visit theguyjmp's Homepage
Excellent news! After much prayer, and hours on the phone with HP, I have broken through their defenses and they have heard my plea to re-write the driver for the pen and modify the list of buttons for the pen to allow for middle mouse click with the side buttons.

They have confirmed that their engineering team will be looking into my case for the right click driver and the middle click option.

My requested solution was to allow the pen to right click while the mouse is hovering over the screen. Currently you have to press the side button on the pen, then while holding that in, you press the pen to the screen. This confuses the computer and messes up the right click and the right click drag for many applications.

Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2018 :  20:32:12  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Huzzah!
Go to Top of Page

Tews

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/08/2018 :  04:55:28  Show Profile
That's awesome, Theguyjmp. While your solution makes perfect sense, it's so hard to get companies to hear you sometimes. Well done.

Edited by - Tews on 10/27/2021 13:42:57
Go to Top of Page

theguyjmp

4 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2018 :  12:13:46  Show Profile  Visit theguyjmp's Homepage
Thanks Tews. Yeah, they should still be working on it. They took too long for me so I returned my HP and bought an MSI, it's legit.

The HP or Dell touch screens are not suitable for a work environment at this time. The technology is there but they do not care about their drivers...
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000