Not compatible with volume2
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

strokechn

2 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2018 :  19:27:40  Show Profile
hi

my system is Windows 10, version 1803 [x64],S+ and vloume2 used many years,I recently discovered that they are somewhat incompatible

they all start with the system,after the start,S+ cannot use gestures with task manager,when I close the volume2,S+ worked

volume2's download link is as follows
https://irzyxa.blogspot.com/p/downloads.html

I have another problem,because I used S+ for many years,I had many actions,but I can't find how to export them and input to S+net,one by one too much trouble

Thanks a lot
My English is not good, please forgive me

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2018 :  19:41:13  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Volume2's Github doesn't have their source code, only some chrome aspects of the app, so I cannot see how it functions. My guess is that it's intercepting/hooking the mouse in someway and not passing messages along. Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about that; you would have to take it up with them. S+ only consumes the mouse events which are intended to be used by S+ based on your settings, and passes along the rest. It sounds like maybe Volume2 is not doing that, or it's functioning as it's supposed to, but it's not working in a way that you expected, in regards to also running S+.

Regarding S+.net: Unfortunately, this is a complete rewrite of the application, and there is no function to export/convert/import your scripts into the new version as they're completely different down to the core. Most things are quite easy to convert, assuming you're not doing anything really complex, it's pretty straight-forward.

Developing a process to import S+ scripts and convert them to S+.net would be very time consuming, and only provide value once per user. Given my rather limited personal time, there's simply not a lot of value in programming that aspect. Of course, the StrokesPlus.xml file is wide open and able to be read by anyone, so there's nothing stopping the community from developing such a process...however, given the finite use of such a script, I doubt anyone would take on that task for the same reason I am unable to. It's a lot of work for very little reward. When you consider S+ is a free program, and S+.net will be mostly free, there's just not enough money (resources) available to make this happen.

If you join the Discord channel listed in the S+.net download page, there are people who will be willing to help you convert your scripts. But I'm guessing it's more about the time it would take for a lot of scripts, not just the conversion process itself.
Go to Top of Page

strokechn

2 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2018 :  19:46:56  Show Profile
Thank you very much. I'll ask the author of volume2 to see what he can do.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 05/06/2018 :  19:52:24  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Yeah, S+.net functions on the mouse hook level very much how S+ does. So I would imagine it would have the same issues anyway.
Go to Top of Page

Orcus

11 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2018 :  08:02:56  Show Profile
Same problem here with Volume2 and StrokesPlus compatibility. Volume2 stops catching mouse scroll events in taskbar area.

It seems to happen every time on disabling and enabling back StrokesPlus, that is typical when you press the "Ignore key" like Ctrl. After you've pressed it, V2 seems to stop gettings mouse scroll events. Entering the V2 settings and closing the settings window brings V2 functionality back.

Rob, your application is great. I use it for just few days and already love it. I am actually ready to switch and replace my gesture browser addons with S+. But cannot find the way to implement the logic of V2: changing sound volume in any focused application just by scrolling in Taskbar, with no key modifiers pressed.

Do you have any acceptable solution for that?
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2018 :  14:15:04  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Do you have any of the following Preferences checked?

Enable Mouse Wheel Relay
Allow Mouse Wheel Tick Script
Allow Horizontal Mouse Wheel Tick Script

I made sure all of those were unchecked (since they intercept the mouse wheel events), downloaded volume2, and it seems to work fine. I tried your ignore combination and a few other scenarios and volume2 continues to adjust the volume when scrolling over the taskbar. With the Enable Mouse Wheel Relay enabled, it will do what you describe. The other options would also prevent volume2 from picking up the scroll events.

The mouse wheel relay setting was something added a long time ago before Windows would send the mouse scroll events to the window below the mouse, even if it wasn't active. This setting captured the scroll and sent it to the window below the mouse.

Go to Top of Page

AxJ

28 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2018 :  23:42:03  Show Profile
I'm both S+ and Volume2 long time user and have no issue using them at the same time.
You may check your settings in both programs though.
I do remember I have to set the right setting to make them work together.

https://i.imgur.com/Z3WRU8r.gifv

VolumeČ version: v1.1.5, buil d 404 (12/31/2017)

Edited by - AxJ on 11/13/2018 23:44:20
Go to Top of Page

Orcus

11 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2018 :  06:34:41  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by Rob

Do you have any of the following Preferences checked?

Enable Mouse Wheel Relay

You are right, disabling this setting resolves the problem.
Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000