Ignoring windows?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emil7768

Bulgaria
7 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2018 :  06:20:39  Show Profile
I want to ignore Firefox, but i have different profiles and versions of Firefox that i am running. How to ignore only specific Firefox profile? So far, i just entered firefox.exe in 'File Name' field, but this ignores all firefox profiles and versions. I tried also to use the 'Find Window' tool but for some reason it doesn't work, it doesn't populate the fields with any data. I am using StrokePlus x64 portable signed.
Also, is it possible when a window is set as ignored to be activated by pressing a modifier key, for example CTRL, and then draw the gesture?

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2018 :  06:52:12  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I use Chrome, so I'm not familiar with how different profiles in Firefox work. But in the end, there has to be some identifier that S+ can use to distinguish one profile from another. I just opened Firefox and created a second profile. From what I can see, there's no real way to tell which profile you're running in, at least not any way that S+ would be able to differentiate them.

Running a different version should be identifiable by utilizing the File Path Pattern in the Ignored List definition. You could create a regular expression that would match on file paths which you want ignored. For example, C:\Firefox1.0 is ignored, but C:\Firefox2.0 is not; this will require regular expression of course, which won't be straight-forward unless you're familiar with regex.

But I cannot see a way to differentiate profiles with stock Firefox.

However, you might be able to use an add-on like Show Profile. This adds the profile name to the Firefox window's title, which is something S+ would be able to leverage. But again, you'd probably need to use regex to make a single ignore rule to cover all Firefox conditions. However, my quick testing shows this will not work 100%, since the prefix it adds only shows up for website tabs, not the Options tab, for example. That may or may not be a deal breaker, but figured I'd mention it.

Also, is it possible when a window is set as ignored to be activated by pressing a modifier key, for example CTRL, and then draw the gesture?

Unfortunately that is not an option available.
Go to Top of Page

emil7768

Bulgaria
7 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2018 :  07:12:03  Show Profile
Maybe if S+ can detect command line parameters that may work for firefox profiles because which profile is started with '-p path_to_profile'.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2018 :  07:16:57  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
That's not something S+ is aware of (the command line/parameters).

I might add that as an option in StrokesPlus.net, though.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000