Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Discussion
 General Discussion
 Strokeplus and keystrokes: create gestures?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

patrickcas

26 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2018 :  02:47:25  Show Profile
Hi everyone

First of all let me say that is THE MOST incredible software I have ever found for Windows! It is a pity that my knowledge of "tecnical stuff" is very poor, but I sense that StrokePlus could be very useful, if used at its own full potential. I apologize to you all if my question is either simple or already explained elsewhere.

So far, my usage has been very basic, but it has been saving me a lot of time with its many features.

I would like to use it also for positioning windows, for exemple move a windows in a way that it goes left (occupying 50% of the whole screen) or right, in the same way.

Is there a way to do that?

In case not, I've found a freeware can do that, by shortcuts via keyboard (i.e. Ctrl + A: window go left, etc...). would it be possible in this case associate such instructions (double keystrokes) to a gesture?

Best compliments again for this amazing software and please let me know if it can do that, too!

Giusepppe

7 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2018 :  03:19:52  Show Profile
hello!

i normally wouldnt want to suggest you another software for that, but in that case a small application called "Workspace Utilities" works literally perfect.it has window positioning shortcuts which you can combine with strokesplus and also has 'space reserving' which is very useful.

also have you tried [winkey] + [Left] for any window to takes %50 of whole screen on left

Edited by - Giusepppe on 09/09/2018 03:21:10
Go to Top of Page

patrickcas

26 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2018 :  04:46:20  Show Profile
Thank you Giuseppe for your kind reply.

I would like to say that I already found a software for positioning windows via keyboard (aquasize), but keyboard and I are not close friends: I have always to look at it, and if keys are distant from each other and I must use both hands it is even worse (and I lose contact with the mouse, too).... ;-)

So I would like to use gestures as much as I can, to speed up things....

You wrote that "Workspace utilities can be combined with StrokePlus": if you could describe how (step by step please, because I am very poor at "PC things"), I'd be very grateful.

P.S.: Giuseppe sounds italian to me; if so, we both are!
Go to Top of Page

Giusepppe

7 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2018 :  06:37:21  Show Profile
you can just try windows's own shortcut in strokes plus, for example for occupying 50% of the whole screen with windows's own shortcut; use this Lua Script:

acSendKeys("@{LEFT}")

Have a nice day!
Go to Top of Page

patrickcas

26 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2018 :  04:07:58  Show Profile
Thanks Giuseppe, but it is not working... I've also tried:
acSendKeys("%Q")
(since in Aquasnap I set "Alt + Q" in order to move the window to the left, occupying 50% of the screen), but the result is the same: no effect at all, nothing happens... ;-(
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2018 :  06:30:03  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Try a lower case q, acSendKeys("%q")

Upper case Q also sends SHIFT behind the scenes, to make it upper case.
Go to Top of Page

patrickcas

26 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2018 :  08:32:11  Show Profile
Thank you for the hint Rob: I tried but still nothing happens....

Could you confirm that the only thing to write in LuaScript: space is this:

acSendKeys("%q")

for simulating "Alt" and "Q" keys?

(Now I have a doubt... is "Alt THEN Q" or "Alt AND Q at the same time"?)

I woud find very useful a gesture for positioning windows... am I the only one? ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2018 :  08:44:10  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I just installed Aquasnap, set the key binding for Alt+Q to dock the window to the left, then made a script with only:

acSendKeys("%q")

And it worked fine.
Go to Top of Page

patrickcas

26 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2018 :  11:16:00  Show Profile
Rob, you are (as usual, because you helped me a lot in the past... ;---) VERY VERY kind: you even downloaded the software I had mentioned, you set my own settings and tried to apply that to StrokePlus... your last post "forced me" to look EVERYWHERE in order to find out what was wrong with my settings and... I FOUND IT!

I do not know why but - when I created the gesture - "left Button" in "Mouse / Key modifiers" has been checked. I took it off and... voilą: job done!!!

Thanks, THANKS again, and best compliments for this amazing software!

A BIG ciao from Italy!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000