Requests
 Can s+ recognize two gestures?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

liuchina

7 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  18:41:10  Show Profile
Thanks to rob and your s+.S+ helped me a lot. Hopefully.
s+ can recognize two gestures and start running the script. For example, gesture L is a script that executes the open Notepad, and gesture C is a paste script.
If L and C are drawn continuously, the script executes to open notpad and paste.
It is believed that this will make s+ more convenient to use. Reduce user creation of gesture codes that are less frequently used.
Thanks again!
The above content comes from Bing translation, I hope you can see clearly.

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  20:52:16  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
That is okay for your specific request and situation, but it would cause a lot of other issues with recognizing gestures. What if you have a vertical gesture like |. Then what if you're not trying to draw an L, but a separate gesture that begins looking like an L, something that looked like this:
|_
  |

S+ wouldn't know that you were not trying to combine L and | gestures, so it would try to run L then |, but you really wanted to draw this which does something completely different than L and | combined
|_
  |

Hopefully this makes sense. But to answer the question about adding it, that would result in many unexpected issues for many people. Once you begin thinking about how that could not behave as expected in other situations, it becomes clear that it is not feasible, unfortunately.
Go to Top of Page

liuchina

7 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  21:34:30  Show Profile
If we need s+ to recognize two gestures, we can add a control key to achieve this. This will not change s+ current mainstream use method.
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  21:45:38  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Well, control can be used as a modifier or ignore key.

Plus, I'm no longer enhancing this version of StrokesPlus. What time I do have available is dedicated to StrokesPlus.net.

I will think about it, but having worked on this for over 7 years now, I feel like there are a lot of challenges to make this happen without affecting the normal operation.

I'm not saying it's impossible, just difficult to add while not breaking something else or having to rewrite a lot of things.

Plus, you're the first person to request this in over 7 years, so it doesn't seem to be a very common use case.

You could always create a new gesture which is drawn like an L and C to open notepad and paste. I'm sure that was only an example, but it simply seems like a lot of risk and time for very little usage across most users.

Like I said, I will certainly think about it for a while. Sometimes after thinking about it from time to time, I end up getting an idea which I never thought of initially and can make it happen!
Go to Top of Page

liuchina

7 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  23:37:17  Show Profile
I understand exactly what you're saying, and s+ is good enough.It helps me do a lot of work every day.
With regard to the new version, I have a suggestion: s+ can help people do a lot, but it requires users to have some ability to write code, which is not available to many potential users.
If the new version of S+ can work as a recording macro, it is believed that it will attract more users to use it, thereby increasing its commercial value.
Thanks again!
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2019 :  23:41:25  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
I have foundation code in there for macro recording and an action builder which would require no coding. I just haven't gotten to those yet, as they're more tedious to implement! I wanted to start with the scripting mode first so people could start using it to test out the overall functionality.

In the screen you see the "Script" tab, there's a tab because there will be other methods which are not script.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000