Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Bug and Issues
 New Bugs
 Latest Windows 10 Update / Stroke button issues?
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hard.Wired

84 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2020 :  22:56:52  Show Profile
This past week hasn't been one of Windows 10's best update weeks. I haven't had any of the reported problems with them this week, but today I noticed that the Strokes Plus stroke button recognition is a little flakey. Like the Preferences / Stroke Button / Cancel Delay setting is being ignored or is randomly inconsistent with its value.

I'm ruling out a mouse hardware button failure for the moment, since that button works consistently when Strokes Plus is not running. I loaded older versions of the .xml and .lua files to rule out some kind of corruption and I get the same result. I also reloaded my mouse drivers just to be sure.

Just wondering if anyone else still using this older version of Strokes Plus noticed this recently while I go down this rabbit hole.

Hard.Wired

84 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2020 :  19:43:13  Show Profile
Update: I uninstalled and reinstalled this past weeks Windows 10 updates, mouse drivers and bluetooth drivers. This seems to have fixed the glitch and I have been running for 8 hours with no problems. I cold booted a few times to be sure the fixes where not temporary. Fingers crossed!
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2020 :  09:19:52  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Hmm, hopefully that's all it is!
Go to Top of Page

Hard.Wired

84 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2020 :  23:53:08  Show Profile
So far so good!
Go to Top of Page