Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2012 :  15:33:50  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
Did you know...

While StrokesPlus generally uses the term "App", this doesn't have to be taken literally. You can define an "App" as only the Cancel button on the Windows Run dialog if you want to. Using the many fields available for defining an App (same rules apply to Ignored Windows), you can specify custom actions for just one area within a window, while another area of the same program can have an entirely separate set of actions.

StrokesPlus was designed from the ground up to be as granular as possible; that's why I made it! Other gesture programs just failed to meet my needs so I've thrown about everything but the kitchen sink into S+ =)

joebob1024

5 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  23:57:13  Show Profile
Is it possible to create gestures that only apply to the title bar?
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2013 :  07:19:56  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
When you say "only apply to the title bar", do you mean only when being made over the title bar? As though you defined the title bar area as an "app" as far as S+ is concerned?

If so, it doesn't appear to very possible. The title bar area itself isn't a window/control, but part of the main window container. It's technically possible to identify the area, but it's a big pain in the ass Although, while the area can be defined, it's still not a recognizable window/control that can be defined for specific gestures only. You would have to make Global Actions to handle the title bar gestures, but you could have logic in them. For example, after the gesture fires, check to see if it was made on a title bar; if so do something, if not, do something different.

However, like I said it's a pain as you'd have to check the window styles to make sure it's a window which has a title bar, then use a few of the values from GetSystemMetrics to determine the frame size, padding, etc...and calculate the title bar area, then compare it to the gesture start coordinates to see if it was drawn on the title bar.
Go to Top of Page

joebob1024

5 Posts

Posted - 04/21/2013 :  04:30:58  Show Profile
Im still not 100% familiar with strokes and lua so Im not sure how to phrase what I'm looking for in terms of strokes. I'm a web developer, so im trying to give myself a crash course in .lua, and review the c++ I learned in the early 2000's at the same time. Am example of what I'm looking to do is this, I have some single click flicks gestures that make organizing the Winddows on my desktop really quick and intuitive on a touch screen. I would love to make strokes my left click, but I would like to be able to make strokes ignore certain parts of each Windows. Its really only an issue when lltrying to use flicks on the title bar, or move windows with my left click. Alternatively, a less useful workaround might be to restrict the area where gestures can be drawn or started. But once again Im still trying to figure out exactly what strokea does so I can understand what it can do.

On a related, but slightly off topic note, Would it be possibly to do like you said but use logic to change your gesture depending on if the cursor is an ibeam, or depending on how many times the feature is performed? Sorry for all of the questions, Ive got about 3 pages worrh of chickenscratch on things I want to make strokes do. If there is a better forum for me to be posting questions, please tell me!

Thanks, Joe
Go to Top of Page

Rob

USA
2615 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2013 :  20:25:29  Show Profile  Visit Rob's Homepage
When it comes to touch screens, the very nature of S+ being a mouse (not pointer) centric application means the experience will never be as good as if it directly interfaced the touch API. As I mentioned in other places, I started looking into touch, but my available time to spend on S+ has become greatly reduced, so it's not likely I'll get around to it, honestly.

This script contains an example of doing something different when the cursor is a hand or not. Not sure what you mean by "how many times the feature was performed".
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 Forum Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
StrokesPlus Forum © 2011-2018 Rob Yapchanyk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000